Too much water?

Options
So I quit drinking soda/pop for the past two weeks and it seems by body has been craving water like crazy. The problem I see with this is that I drink about 8 cups of water before lunch. After lunch, it slows down to maybe another 2-3 cups for the rest of the afternoon. Is this okay? Or should I try to minimize the amount of water before lunch?

On the days I do exercise, I am drinking roughly another 4 cups of water.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Nursingmomof2
    Options
    A "rule of thumb" is that your weight divided in half is the MINIMUM ounces of water that you should be drinking! So, I would still say you are getting too LITTLE water.

What you need to watch for is when you drink water (lets say 2 liters) and though you know you have had a lot, there is an insatiable craving for more (think of the chocolate craving and increase that by 10)...if the desire for water is similar to that, then I would go have some blood work done as this is one sign of diabetes (when paired with other things like polyuria and polyphagia)
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A "rule of thumb" is that your weight divided in half is the MINIMUM ounces of water that you should be drinking! So, I would still say you are getting too LITTLE water.

What you need to watch for is when you drink water (lets say 2 liters) and though you know you have had a lot, there is an insatiable craving for more (think of the chocolate craving and increase that by 10)...if the desire for water is similar to that, then I would go have some blood work done as this is one sign of diabetes (when paired with other things like polyuria and polyphagia)

Thanks, I guess I need roughly 145 ounces of water daily. Okay, I was just making sure it was normal for me to drink that much water.
  • frozenmom08
    Options
    You are fine. Your body secreets almost 2 liters of water through bodily functions each day. So you need to replace that and especially if you are working out your body needs even more. On the days you work out I would drink 3 to 4 liters and on the others I would stick to 2-3.