Looking for friends with similar goals-I'm 5'7@140,looking to lose 15lbs.

Options
livelovecreate2017
livelovecreate2017 Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone!
I'm 34.
I'm new to MFP, but after 3 days of using it- I simply love it! My goal here is to lose about 15 lbs and look fit. I've had few attempts before, but had a hard time staying motivated.
I'd love some mutual encouragement from people who are aiming towards similar goals :)

Replies

• ThatSillyCat
    ThatSillyCat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm 35 and lost 7kg (quite close to 15lbs) 5 years ago.
    Then I became addicted to sport and I've maintained my weight ever since. I've also completely changed my eating habits, outlook on life...it's a huge body and soul journey. I thought people were exaggerating when they were saying that, but it's so true (and exciting!)

Today I'm working on getting more muscular, using MFP to keep track of what I eat.
    Good luck on your journey, it's totally worth it :)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar spot. 5'3" looking to lose another 10-15, while building muscle. I'm trying not to focus on the scale as much this time around and I'm fine with weighing more, if I can tone up. Looking to establish a good lifestyle. Found that I'm loving body weight HIIT workouts and that I can actually EAT and lose weight. Took me a while to figure out the better way to do it. Add me if you'd like!
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oooh! Pick me!

I'm 5'7", Started at 140 looking to be 130 (well, 125 would be ideal but I was never that small even when I was young). Since I'm getting close to my goal, I'm trying to focus more getting fit.
  • tiffinijo
    tiffinijo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im 35, 5'7 147 lbs. Looking to lose some weight and add muscle. But in general live a healthy lifestyle! I was a member of MFP before but stopped doing it. But I've been back for 5 days and I absolutely LOVE it!!
  • livelovecreate2017
    Options
    Thank you for the responses and encouragement, everyone! :) I'm super excited to start that journey and I truly believe that with like-minded people as my friends it will be easier to achieve satisfactory results. Good luck to us all :)
  • AnastasiaGrs1
    AnastasiaGrs1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 19.. 166cm and weight 63kg... I want to lose fat and gain muscle! I hope that everyone will achieve their goals ;)
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm quite a bit shorter but I'm 139 and looking to get to 120-125. I'm 25 years old. Feel free to add me!
  • NoExcusesFromNowOn
    Options
    Have you looked at the app Twinbody??? It's free and amazing. Another great source of motivation, meals and ideas. You pick who you want to follow. It's neat. Learned about it from weight watchers.
  • Kennyb2183
    Kennyb2183 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in a similar situation: 25 yo, 5'8", 130 lb, aiming to lose 5 lb and tone up a bit. Feel free to add me!
  • olyamhc
    olyamhc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 141lb now! Looking to lose 20lbs and build muscle. :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 144. I only want to lose 5-10 lbs. I guess 135 would be nice again. It's not my first time :)
  • livelovecreate2017
    Options
    Hi everyone- I'm getting more and more excited as Im adding new friends to inspire one another :)
    I love how we all are from all over the U.S and even the world. Have a beautiful, productive day everyone!
  • strongenoughtofly
    strongenoughtofly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends! I'm the same height and weight as you! I'm trying to lose fat and build muscle as I want to compete in a bikini competition summer 2018. I'm trying to lose 15-20lbs depending on how I look.
  • bossyblackdog
    bossyblackdog Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, 5'6", 142lbs with a goal of 130lbs. I was there 4 years ago without even trying, crept up to 135 over 3 years. Then last year i went from working on my feet all day to studying 72 hours a week in a highly demanding training program, so exercise went out the window and i ended up at 146 just after christmas this year. I'm down to 142 now after joining a local program but i just started MFP to help me keep track because my local program just tells me what to eat, it doesn't count calories (and some of the meals are way higher then i expected)! I really like some of the meals and i want to build a database of good easy recipes that are reasonable in calories and easy to track for when i stop paying for my weekly weigh-ins!
  • livelovecreate2017
    Options
    I'm so happy to meet all of you! (Friends requests sent :)) It really does help me to stay motivated- knowing that each of you has a similar goal
  • jaw170160
    jaw170160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm 18 and have never been what I would consider fit, 155 lbs. now, hoping to turn it around and go into college with new confidence!
    Anyone feel free to add me :D