Hello MFP Friends!

Options
PhoenyxRising
PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I am a 39 year old mom of two who is hoping to be around to see grandchildren one day! I am looking to meet some new friends here who can keep me accountable and perhaps take a glance at my food diary once in a while to let me know if I'm heading in the right direction. I recently joined a gym and so far I am loving the treadmill. I have 50+ pounds to lose and I've tried everything from low carb to calorie counting with minimal success. Hopefully I find some new inspiration here. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• JakeL1981
    JakeL1981 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've done the same and have some success over various attempts but did not stick with it. I'm sticking with it this time. Just turned 36 and I want to be a good example for my kids and not be overweight getting older. Im staying below the calorie amount plus doing some cardio exercises and it is working again. You can do this. Just have to fight the the hunger and stay committed to your calorie goal. Burn more than you put in and your body has to choice but to start burning the fat. Ill add yea.
  • PhoenyxRising
    PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jake! I have started as of February 1st staying under 1200 calories daily. Not sure if this will work but I'm willing to try it out. I haven't really felt hungry which is nice but I've also been sick with this stupid cough/cold/flu thing that everyone seems to have this time of year so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. I've also not been able to go to the gym this week because I feel so awful. Hoping to start back up next week!