Heart Rate Monitors

Options
judith3
judith3 Posts: 296 Member
Since it is sometimes hard to figure out how many calories i burn in group classes at my gym I am seriously considering in investing in a Heart Rate Monitor. What do you guys recommend?

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Polar brand with the chest strap
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7. It comes with the chest strap which is perfect and super accurate. It's a little pricey (mine cost $10 at Sports Authority) but it's so worth the investment.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Polar is great. I've tried others and they haven't lasted. If you shop around you can get a Polar for $60 or under. Check Amazon.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7. It comes with the chest strap which is perfect and super accurate. It's a little pricey (mine cost $10 at Sports Authority) but it's so worth the investment.

$10 for the FT7??? or did you mean $100. The FT4 can usually be found on Amazon for $60-$70
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Polar with a chest strap...make sure you get a strap that lets you replace the battery yourself. They may all be this way now but when I first go mine you had to replace the strap b/c you couldn't get to the battery without tearing up the whole thing!!

I have had mine for several years and I LOVE it!
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Check ebay. I just ordered a polar ft7 for $60 free shipping off of ebay. Can't wait to get it!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 with chest strap. I love it and think it's awesome! It cost me about £60.
  • Success41
    Success41 Posts: 44
    Options
    I currently have a Polar. My next HRM will be the Garmin Forerunner