Trouble gaining weight

Options
I've had trouble gaining weight for the past year. I really want to be able to gain 10 pounds or more. Is there any good protein shakes out there to help increase my calorie intake ? Any good recipes ? Thank you.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense food, and drink calories between meals - I would incorporate protein powder in to smoothies with whole milk, fruit, yoghurt/avo/nut butter, some greens etc if you want a drink.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

This thread should be helpful. I would also check out www.theproteinchef.co for some good protein recipes.
  • rabbidchicken
    rabbidchicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @lejrivera wanna switch bodies? I can pack weight on like its nothing but cutting is where i struggle
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Eat more
  • fitzone112
    fitzone112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! How often do you space out your meals to reach your daily calories intake? And what time do you awake and sleep? ( what space of time is do you eat i.e.: 6am wake to 8pm dinner then bed)
    Think I'm asking what does a day in your life look like?
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Post what a typical day of eating looks like for you.
  • Cope_Jr
    Cope_Jr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eat 300-400 Cal meals about 5xs before gym and 1200 after workout... Protein powder helps as a meal
    As you work more you may add more calories. Keep sodium in checkso your weight gain isn't just water retention.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    When I thought I was eating a lot, I was brought to the reality of actually what it takes to gain weight. For me it was at least 4000 calories a day. It's too hard to eat "clean" that way, so I added pizza daily. BOOM it worked.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    fitzone112 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! How often do you space out your meals to reach your daily calories intake? And what time do you awake and sleep? ( what space of time is do you eat i.e.: 6am wake to 8pm dinner then bed)
    Think I'm asking what does a day in your life look like?

Wake around 7 am, breakfast right away, lunch around noon, workout around 6, snacks mid morning and mid afternoon, protein shake after workout if weights, dinner around 7-8 pm, snack around 9-10 before bed if necessary.