Some support needed

Options
Hello everyone. I could really use some more friends and support. I'm just having one of those days where I feel like not doing anything and eating everything. I suppose I feel a little down today. Any advice is welcome!

Replies

• ktrulez
    ktrulez Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @Brandmaer Having a down day is totally fine, you took the first step of your rebound by acknowledging and admitting to your bad habits. If you don't have a plan of attack or a plan in general, put some thought into in on a piece of paper. Live by it, own it, and most importantly enjoy the process!
  • alexpriceonline
    alexpriceonline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Being aware of your down days is the most important thing @Brandmaer so well done for even realising it. Just know that these feelings are only temporary. I've found having self compassion one of the most empowering things during my fitness journey. Knowing when you need to give yourself some TLC and when to push is hard, but if you can get it right then you can feel good about yourself no matter what food or exercise you feel like doing on a given day.

I'm looking for more friends on MFP to keep me motivated and accountable so add me if you're looking for more fitness buddies :)
  • Brandmaer
    Brandmaer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the responses. I really like the idea of writing about what I feel instead of going to food for comfort. Self compassion is something I really struggle with. So thank you for that one! I have to work on that too.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    There's always going to be days where we have our ups and downs and it's totally normal. You came to the forums to ask for support, which for some can be a difficult step but it's a step in the right direction =) Well done for seeing that problem and taking action! =D

Sometimes when i feel down, I like to write down how I'm feeling and then from what I've written turn it into something positive. A good example of this is that sometimes i feel like giving up, i get upset with myself for letting myself get to such a bad place. From that I find all the reasons why i can't give up and all the awesome steps and things i have done so far to better myself. I usually feel a little better after that.

If I'm feeling like I'm trying to do the impossible, I take a look at the success stories for some inspiration and it helps me get back on track =D MFP is full of some amazing people who have achieved so much. One of the reasons why i love this place. =)

You've got over 75 million fitness pals here and we're all trying to better ourselves, losing weight, gaining weight, reaching our fitness goals and maintaining and we're all here if you ever need friends to support you =D

All the best! Keep pushing to reach your goals =)
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have found when im tired and hungry i am at my weakest ,, so try to just take a Nap if i can ..

good luck
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Brandmaer wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I could really use some more friends and support. I'm just having one of those days where I feel like not doing anything and eating everything. I suppose I feel a little down today. Any advice is welcome!

I hear you, we all have those days. Lately when I feel down I make myself get outside. I pick a small portion of the yard or one of my neglected flower beds and literally force myself to start cleaning it up. This week I clean out one bed, raked all the trash out of it, bagged it up and now I just have to drag the bag out to the trash. Next I will trim some small tree limbs and clean out along one one of my fence line. Little by little and then put new mulch down before it all starts to grow. Well thats my plan anyway. LOL Some days I walk with headphones. I find getting busy helps.
  • Puppy_love_81
    Puppy_love_81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Something that helps me is drinking lots of water after meals. Also, this may sound silly, but if I brush my teeth after I eat, it gets the taste of food out of my mouth. :)
  • cashidy
    cashidy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Try to do something enjoyable to feel better and distract yourself! Play a game or go for a walk.
  • shellyw03
    shellyw03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to using this app, so please add me to the group. I also have a lot of down days. I'm just getting back into trying to lose about 80lbs. I will say that staying up on a multivitamin is a help and especially vitamin B12.
  • shellyw03
    shellyw03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Brandmaer wrote: »

Hi Brandmaer, how is your day going? I just came back from a great walk. A little brisk but it made me walk harder to warm up. Message me if you need a boost.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've learned to take one day at a time. And as others have said, you need to take a step back and pat yourself on the back. You're doing fine. We all have bad days, and that's okay. Brush it off and keep going. Add me if you want.