Back Again, More Determined Than Ever, and Looking for Friends!

Options
moontenshi23
moontenshi23 Posts: 29 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone!

I had used myfitnesspal a few years ago and successfully lost almost 70 pounds. I was the healthiest I had ever been and at my lowest weight since I was a child. Unfortunately, I lost control and started turning to food more and more for comfort. I entered into a relationship with someone who was not active and overweight. I found myself getting comfortable and lazy. The result? I gained roughly 50 pounds back in two years. I kept telling myself that I would make a change, but always pushed it off. I would complain about my unhappiness but continue to stuff my face to "feel better". It became so hard to look at myself in the mirror.

I've decided that I've spent enough time feeling sorry for myself and feeling like a victim. I'm not. I did this to myself and if I want to lose weight, than I need to start taking action! I'm not looking for a quick fix, but to learn new healthy habits and live a healthier lifestyle.

I have about 70 pounds or so to lose to be at my goal weight of 150. I would love to have some friends to support me along the way! We are all in this together, right? :)

Replies

• Onyx_Eve
    Onyx_Eve Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm looking for friends to support me on my journey to lose 40lbs! I'm trying the Atkins diet, plus trying to exercise more. I'm not sure how to add you as a friend. You can add me.
  • tj015
    tj015 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey :)
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right attitude! I'll definitely add you as a friend.
  • davidcassaro3
    davidcassaro3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The first step is recognizing there is a problem you're unhappy with and taking the necessary steps to fix that problem and push through any barriers along the way!!! I put on 70 pounds in the last year and a half and just started a ketogenic diet which has changed my life already just a week into it!!! Good luck on your journey!
  • laurenelderkin
    laurenelderkin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It always helps to have a community of active people on your side! I would love to help motivate you, and be motivated as well! :)
  • ellenmaine
    ellenmaine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lb to lose and would love friends. Please, anyone feel free to add me. :) Strength in numbers!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I've lost 30 lbs out of around 114 so far. Add me if you like!
  • jmw143x
    jmw143x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck I have appx 100 to lose. Add me we will get to our goals together! I need a motivated friend.
  • yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. CW 240, GW 175-185.
  • Winston_Edward
    Winston_Edward Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Please add me as well. Look forward to loose weight with you. Lots of luck.