Switch to low carb??

Options
My little brother is having a pool party on the 30th of this month...in 11 days. I'm planning on wearing a swimsuit for the first time in YEARS. I've done really well so far in my weightloss, but I want to kick it up a notch, as Emeril would say. :o) I'm thinking of changing my diet to a low carb one for the next couple of weeks...I think I can maintain that for 11 days.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    good luck I will keep you in my prayers. I know you can do it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Sure why not also pick up some weights while you are at it ti will lift and shape plus having the higher protein will feed your muscles better.
  • Mesomorphosis
    Mesomorphosis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Low carb is the way to go bro, I lost 100 pounds doing low carb, check out my profile.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I ate clean for months and recently switched to eating pretty low cabr and the weight has been coming off with no issues. It works!!!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am going low carb right now and I have never had more energy than I do by switching to lower carbs. It's amazing what the change is like. I definitely suggest trying it. Also agree with picking up some weights. :) Best of luck!
  • jfarmer1226
    jfarmer1226 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Doing low carb for a short amount of time is fine...I personally don't think it's realistic to maintain that over a long period of time though. Doing low carb will make sure you aren't bloated for the day that you are in a swimsuit...and you will look and feel leaner. Get lots of protein and do some weights as well...it will lean you out.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo (basically - lean meat, nuts, fruit, veg. and NO - dairy, grain, starch). Very clean way of life. I did a 45 (but stayed on 52) day challenge. Lost quite a bit of weight and felt great. Only problem is you're full all the time so it can be difficult to get all your calories in.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what is considered to be "low carb?" Does everyone share the same opinion?
  • abartendergs
    abartendergs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been doing the Low Carb Diet for about a month, and we both are down 18 pounds. Here is a great site for Low Carb recipes ( http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html ) it will give you the Calories, Fat, Protein, Carbohydrate, Dietary Fiber, and total Net Carbs. Hope this will help with the change in diet.
  • monibee
    monibee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Most definitely! Just be prepared to see a little of the weight bounce back once you start introducing carbs into your diet. Drink lots of water and don't eat crap meat (hamburger patties, bacon, etc) as that would be counterintuitive. I have family who would go on low carb diets all the time and thought it meant low carb, all bacon. Barf!
  • shellyrell28
    Options
    wow i should switch to a low carb diet
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what is considered to be "low carb?" Does everyone share the same opinion?

It really depends. Low carb WOE's can be Atkins, Sugar Busters, South Beach, Carb Addicts, or Paleo, etc.. so the programs differ somewhat. If you search online, there is a plethora of information of a ketone-type diet. I don't low carb anymore, but my DH does. It works if you incorporate it into your way of life. And today you would no longer feel as deprived...there are breads (1g carb), pastas (2g carbs), ice cream, and other desserts that have comparable tastes to the "regular" stuff. My DH follows a paleolithic plan because it's clean eating without the processed stuff. I like the pasta too much (although it's tofu).