Physically challenged, mentally imbalanced.

Options
Hello everyone, I'm looking for friends along the way of a weight loss and improving of overall physical and mental health challenge I've decided to take on after years of not being happy with myself. I've decided to take responsibility for my own selfish actions and start a ketogenic diet which I am on day 7 of, I've lost 6 pounds already (mostly water weight) but am taking the necessary precautions to avoid the dreaded "keto flu" which I've been successful at and I feel better than I ever have in terms of physical health, focus and energy!!! Just looking for like minded people to share successes and inspiration with!!! Feel free to add me.

Replies

• davidcassaro3
    davidcassaro3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also always on the hunt for new Keto friendly recipes if anyone has some they'd like to share!!
  • erin3011
    erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just recently found out that I have fatty liver disease. I'm not the typical FLD patient though. I'm 5'4", 130-135 pounds, with a regular BMI. I was shocked to find out that I have FLD, as I thought that was an obesity disease... apparently it is a "I love too much sugar and flour" disease. Anyway, I'm officially starting Keto but have no idea how to begin. I'm planning on seeing a nutritionist as soon as I can get the referral (yay insurance red tape!).
    I haven't heard of Keto flu. Definitely want to avoid that if it is possible! Do you know of any websites or resources that are good? Feel free to friend me, I'd be happy to share recipes once I'm able to!
    -E
  • davidcassaro3
    Options
    Definitely check in with your nutritionist before doing anything drastic but what the Keto flu boils down to is on this diet we have to cut out foods with certain electrolytes in it because of its high sugar or carb content so we need to find them elsewhere which is Sodium <-- not a difficult one to get enough of honestly but it does happen, magnesium which I supplement for my daily intake and potassium which I find the hardest simply because I can't stand avacados but if you like those eat one or two a day.. I recently found out spinach has a lot as well which I can handle so I've been eating more spinach too. What happens when a person gets Keto flu is their not getting enough electrolytes, which could be either of those three and sodium is generally the culprit for most people.. If I start feeling a slight headache, grogginess or anything like that I'll drink a warm cup of chicken broth and it goes away in 10-20 minutes.
  • Argemone83
    Argemone83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Man you sound just like me 3 months ago. I have had mental health issues my whole life and have been heavy since puberty. Nov 1st 2016 I said enough is enough and since then have lost 40 lbs by committing to a keto lifestyle and a fair amount of physical activity. I go to the gym 3 days a week and just signed up for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I ach in muscles I didn't know I have but what I no longer feel is pity for my situation, or hopeless for a better future. Shoot me a friend request and I can help with anything I have learned so far. And follow me on instagram if you'd like. I recently started posting meal and progression photos. Argemone83 on there too. Good luck man. I know it's possible because I am doing it.
  • Argemone83
    Argemone83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    And check out Ketovangelist.com for recipes and generally good info on a ketogenic lifestyle.
  • davidcassaro3
    Options
    I will definitely add you and congrats on the lifestyle change!! Truly inspiring when people tell me stuff like this!!! I'll check out that site as well, knowledge is power!!!