I tried cauliflower tots

Options
They weren't horrible but they weren't great and more fat than I would like. Way less carbs than tater tots though.

Replies

• ellenmaine
    ellenmaine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried them tonight and liked them, but only as a treat. I'm trying to avoid processed food, but they looked good.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    are you diabetic? is that why you are avoiding carbs?

Diabetics need carbs.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The ones I made were pretty good. Hubby gobbled them down.

http://pin.it/nNOTmZ-

I only made them the one time though. They are a little fussy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I bought the Green Giant cauli tots because they were on clearance and was interested.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    So the normal tater tots are awesome! And as much as I really do like cauliflower, I can't imagine cauliflower tots could even hold a candle to the real thing.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I am aware of that... LOL... what is your point?
    I am only asking because if she isnt diabetic, why bother avoiding them in the first place and be stuck eating cauliflower tots that arent all that great

There can be other reasons for avoiding potatoes. I have to avoid high oxalate foods, potatoes are high.

But I still eat some potatoes, there is nothing like them.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Rowan09 wrote: »
    I am only asking because if she isnt diabetic, why bother avoiding them in the first place and be stuck eating cauliflower tots that arent all that great

Why is everyone on here so quick to tell people they don't agree with their dieting habits? Does it matter why she's avoiding carbs? Let her do her thing

Just because theres alot of people who overcomplicate their diet needlessly :p especially this close to new years. People just like to point out that avoiding carbs isnt actually necessary nothing wrong with ensuring someones aware carbs arent the devil most people at one point thought.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I make cauliflower tots, fries, latkes and so on, but I've always made these even before dieting because I like cauliflower. Potato tots/fries/latkes are entirely different dishes which I also like and make. The problems start when you make something and expect it to taste like something else. You can't be thinking tater tots when you are making cauliflower tots. You need to be thinking cauliflower. If you're thinking tater tots, make tater tots.

As for this:

Why is everyone on here so quick to tell people they don't agree with their dieting habits? Does it matter why she's avoiding carbs? Let her do her thing

It's not that people don't agree with her dieting habits, but that some people are new to this and believe cutting carbs is the only way to lose weight despite being unhappy on that diet, so these comments are basically reminders that cutting carbs is good and dandy if you enjoy it and it makes it easier for you to achieve a calorie deficit, but if it's too hard for you and makes you unhappy it's good to know that it's completely unnecessary (just like going low fat/vegan/gluten free/paleo/any other named diet is not necessary if you aren't happy on such a diet) and you can lose weight on any macro breakdown you prefer as long as your calories are in order.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am intrigued by them, but haven't had a chance to make them yet. I actually really like cauliflower so I think once I finally do try them I will like them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can make them easily, and they are tasty and definitely not 'processed' that way. Not much fat either.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    are you diabetic? is that why you are avoiding carbs?

Perhaps tater tots don't "fit her macros" today?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The ones I made were pretty good. Hubby gobbled them down.

http://pin.it/nNOTmZ-

I only made them the one time though. They are a little fussy.

Thanks for this. I tried the green giant ones. Tasty, but a little greasy. I had to pat them with a napkin. I'll try this recipe.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Just because theres alot of people who overcomplicate their diet needlessly :p especially this close to new years. People just like to point out that avoiding carbs isnt actually necessary nothing wrong with ensuring someones aware carbs arent the devil most people at one point thought.

The OP didn't say she was avoiding carbs and certainly never made any references to the devil. She only pointed out that it's less carbs than potatoes.
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been eye balling those tots for weeks now. I'm going to have to try them