Need a exercise routine

Options
arogersc
arogersc Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Getting Started
I want to get an at-gym workout and an at-home workout so there's no excuses.
I have equipment at home (bench press, ball, kettle bell, weighted jump rope, resistance band, but I feel like I don't know a wide variety of exercises to perform using these. I really want to feel the burn the next day and I would like to have exercises that get me closer to my goal of losing 40 lbs.

Replies

• sybillabryson
    sybillabryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Youtube is amazing for learning new exercises.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A general routine I use at the gym which works at home too is a twenty minute cardio routine to warm up my muscles (you can run up and down the stairs at home in a pinch), followed by a range of stretches, then strength training, so many reps.
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Try Insanity HIIT workout. Great for at home it's tough and you will burn but you will get better!
  • arogersc
    arogersc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jnducharme wrote: »
    Try Insanity HIIT workout. Great for at home it's tough and you will burn but you will get better!

I see some on YouTube so I'll definitely check those out. Thank you everyone for your help!
  • kplowman2011
    kplowman2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    P90x. You can also log onto YouTube and there a short videos of the workouts on there you can watch when at the gym if you don't remember.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on using YouTube. There are a number of execise channels that are really good. Also, not everyone is into Pinterest but it is a good resource for finding pre-created routines that either use your own body weight or various circuit training routines with various types of equipment.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of people with an at home set up who still make tons of excuses.
  • sandi4711
    sandi4711 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Beachbody On Demand is a fantastic system for at home workouts and with their new All Access Pass, you'll never get bored! You can even take the workouts to the gym with you, and stream them on your cell or tablet if you need some guidance there as well.