Intermittent Fasting

Options
Hello, I am looking for friends who are intermittent fasters. I am and really would like to have more friends who are also. Add me if you intermittent fast or if you want to.

Replies

• SalvationMountain41
    Options
    Hi - I have been doing what I call "Intermittent Fasting - Lite" 14/10 for the past 3 months. I am a convert! Feel free to add...
  • anneschock
    anneschock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I intermittent fast from 7pm to noon the following day, a total of 17 hours...along with clean eating and exercise. At 4'11" my SW on September 17th was 145.6 lbs and my CW is 128.4 lbs (17.2 lbs loss). My ULTIMATE goal is 105 lbs but will settle for 112 lbs by February 20th. :)
    I intermittent fast from 7pm to noon the following day, a total of 17 hours...along with clean eating and exercise. At 4'11" my SW on September 17th was 145.6 lbs and my CW is 128.4 lbs (17.2 lbs loss). My ULTIMATE goal is 105 lbs but will settle for 112 lbs by February 20th. :)

• cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started last week
  • lyssabearbby
    lyssabearbby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did IM for a month this past November and I knew right then that it was what worked for me. The scale put me at a 20 lbs loss but I noticed inch loss! Damn those holidays! I fell off!!! :s but I started back up again and I plan to keep it going until I reach my goal!
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been intermittent fasting for about 10 months. Won't ever go back!
  • DavidRocketts
    DavidRocketts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do a total food fast on Mondays, same day every week, so I have learned to accept it and mentally prepare also. I allow fluids obviously, but try sticking with water and green tea so as to detox a bit also... Feels good!
  • Tama072015
    Tama072015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    IF 16 hours daily from 2p-6a and then then the 5:2 as well. Never going back. Did not really start for weight loss. The health benefits seem to be endless and I have never felt better. Husband does it as well.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    how long before the hunger pangs stop? during the fast times- i assume you drink water- what about tea?

also - assume no alcohol during fast.. correct?
  • Balanced_Elephant
    Balanced_Elephant Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started. I am on day 4. I have lost a little over a pound so far. I hit a plateau with weight loss so this has definitely helped.
    I'll add you (:
  • cblue07310
    cblue07310 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. Feel free to add me!
  • lishawicks
    lishawicks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info in the post. I just started IM fasting yesterday. So far I am doing good but I know I will need support along the way. If you don't mind me asking what are some good food choices to go along with this lifestyle change
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do if 20:4 along with 5/2. 15 lbs down in 19 days. A lot of that is water weight though and I have over 100 to lose but I love this way of eating. You still have to pay attention to calories but it is much easier to fit them in to one big meal and a snack or 2 meals.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Is IF good for people with insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome?
  • jijoyah87
    jijoyah87 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have been IF for about 2 months now, and working out every day in the gym. So far I've lost 1st 4.2.

I fast from 8pm to 2pm (18hrs) and eat from 2pm to 8pm (6 hrs)

I drink tons of water through my fast.
    I eat a humungous salad with chicken breast or any fish fillet. I used slices onions and virgin olive oil as my salad dressing.

I drink water with my meal and straight after I finish I drink more water if my brain tells me I'm still hungry.

My snack on grapes, cashews, oranges, melons, my new snack which I tried out the other day is granola yogurt and honey #yum!

I would love to eat apples and pears but I'm allergic to them :-(

I try and wait as long as possible before I have my snack.

I try and drink green tea as much as I can but haven't been doing so lately.

My husband makes this awesome detox drink that detoxes your system. Add mint leaves, coriander leaves(optional) fresh slices lemon, cucumber, a chunk of fresh ginger some honey and a bit of ice, blend it all together and drink before your 1st meal or last thing at night.

• jijoyah87
    jijoyah87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy a jar and some marbles to track how many lbs I loose.
  • sexypert55
    sexypert55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need Motivation Buddy. Have been on "Alternate Day Diet" for about 9 months, and have lost 23 lbs so far. 500 calories on down (fast) days, and on up (feast) days eating a normal healthy diet. However, lately I find myself slipping...a lot. I'm finding it increasingly harder to do fast/down days. And on up/feast days I'm eating sooooo much food that it's negating all the good I've done on my down/fast days. How do you get back the enthusiasm and determination you have in the beginning. This is always my problem with EVERY diet I've been on.
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do OMAD (23:1). Lost 68lbs so far (6 months). Calorie cycle enthusiast too, but taking a break from that at present. Feel free to add for one delightfully high-calorie vegan meal daily! :lol: