Bulking diets

Options
Just looking for others on a weight gain/bulking diet. New to the app here and any advice and helpful insights would be appreciated. Looking to gain muscle and mass. This app has helped me alot and i figured having others on the same journey wouldent hurt.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie surplus, eat sufficient protein, don't gain too fast, lift weights.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie surplus, eat sufficient protein, don't gain too fast, lift weights.

Pretty much this. When I am bulking, I just eat more of the foods that I love (chicken, cold water fish, beans, brocolli, cauliflower, potatoes, protein powders and bars, etc.) Everything else is so individual and variable, that it's impossible to give you a diet for it. So long as you are getting sufficient protein (0.8-1g/lbs.) and meeting essential fat needs, most everything else is preference.

For example, I eat a 40/30/30 (roughly) p/c/f macro ratio in a calorie range that spreads from 3200-4300, depending upon how active I am on any given day. Gives me way more protein than is necessary, but I enjoy the foods and idgaf about cost effectiveness. If I'm feeling bleh and weak, I'll up my carbs and drop fats. Puffy and bloated? Fats up, carbs down.

Just follow Trigden's general outline and play with the details to taste.
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Make sure your getting progressively stronger on key barbell lifts as well. (Bench, Squat and Deadlift variations)