Support needed 30+ mom's

Options
kj_mom
kj_mom Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hello, I'm looking for a support; people to motivate and keep each other on track! I'm in my mid 30's with 3 young children. I primarily stay home, aside from working in a dental office 10 hrs a week. i have been on an on and off again journey of weight-loss for the past 6 yrs. It's mainly due to being pregnant and/or nursing for the last 7 yrs straight, but i had my last child almost 2 yrs ago and i need to get down to a healthy weight; pre pregnancy weight. I'm having a hard time getting it off. Im at the weight i was when i delivered my last child. Now it's time for support and motivation! My family has moved all over the country every 2 years for the past 6 years, so finding local support is tough. Any mom's out there wanting to motivate and support each other, please add me!! I log all my food and i have a fitbit that i use. The struggle is real!!!
MODERATOR NOTE: Please send personal details via Private Message, please do not post your personal information in the forums.

Guideline 7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
Sugar
MFP Moderator

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily. I'm trying to send you FR now.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    v2fbafnklekl.png
    I posted this on my wall last night but didn't want to rewrite it- I'm 36yrs old, mom of 3 (6y, 5y, 3y)- my mouth is my issue- Any help and support is more than welcome- and I can be a support too! (Do as I say, not as I do!) lol
  • kj_mom
    kj_mom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the reply! I just requested you as friends!
  • LGStrong13
    LGStrong13 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello!! 36 year old mom of a 2 year old! This is my latest attempt at weight loss. Have a good 100 lbs to lose. I have been eyeing weight watchers for a week now because I need that accountability from the meetings. But it's not with in my budget. I want to save those funds for my new clothes (I hope). Add me here or on Fitbit [edited by mods]
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi all you beautiful ladies. I am 41 mother of a 2 yr old girl :) i am a nurse and work the 3-11 shift. Which turns into 3-2 or 3am shift i run all night at work and when i get home I'm exhuasted. I have zero energy to get on the treadmill. I have been stuck as the same wt for a few months. In getting discouraged. I don't have a lot of friends here to go and work out with or anything like that. I try to walk a lot When I'm not at home. On my days off I'm so tired I have to get bills done, get the house in order, and still be able to still play with my daughter. I feel like I'm at a standstill because I'm so exhausted from work.
    I stopped logging my food because it will constantly telling me all your oh you're under your calories we wont log them or show them. I know s*** I've been running my *kitten* off at work all day excuse my language didn't have time to eat so I stopped login. I'm going to get back on that just looking for some support just like you ladies I don't know where you're at Pasco County Florida. Thanks for listening add me as a friend if you'd like ♡
  • nclarke1987
    nclarke1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and a mum of 2 - I'm very nearly 30, can I join the crew and be added by a few people? I need more friends that understand the mama struggle.
  • sisxena
    sisxena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 35 and mother of 3. (11,8,3) and I too aim having problems lately to get on track. I lost more than 30 kilos tho, but I still am over weight. So, If you want to. We can support each other!!
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35 year old mother of 2 (9 & 3). I can't seem to get motivated to get back on track either. Last year, I was down to 177 and let myself go. I had my annual appointment this morning and weighed 201. :s:'( My scale at home said 197.7, but that was first thing this morning and naked. We are going to the beach in 6 months and I would love to be 25-30 pounds down by then. I would love some motivating and supportive friends on here!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35 year old mother of 2 (9 & 3). I can't seem to get motivated to get back on track either. Last year, I was down to 177 and let myself go. I had my annual appointment this morning and weighed 201. :s:'( My scale at home said 197.7, but that was first thing this morning and naked. We are going to the beach in 6 months and I would love to be 25-30 pounds down by then. I would love some motivating and supportive friends on here!

We are in a the same boat to the T! Accept my invitation please- we can do this! (I think..) ;)
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm also a stay at home mom of a 5 and 2 year old. After my last baby, I have managed to lose another 15 to 20 pounds. Kept the weight off now about two and a half years.

I use a Fitbit too. Love it!!!!

We all need motivation and support. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jwhokie
    jwhokie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31 year old mother of 2 girls (7 & 4). I work full time outside the house so finding time for exercise can be a challenge. I was overweight my whole life and lost 75lbs back when I was 18. Fast forward to a wedding and a baby and I put all that weight back on. I was naive in thinking when I got pregnant with #1 that I could eat for 2 and not gain weight. I lost some until I got pregnant (surprise!) again with #2. I've kept about 50 extra pounds on me that I've been trying to take off the last 3 years. I'm down about 15lbs in the last year....now I'm focused on eating in a deficit everyday. Hoping this is my year! Feel free to add me!!
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I am 32yo mom of 3 kids a 5yo, 3yo, and 1.5yo I have over 100+ pounds to lose. I have lost 50lbs before I had kids through diet and exercise, but can't seem to lose the 50lbs I gained back plus more
  • Willisnwillis
    Willisnwillis Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey me too I'm right there with you.. I was doing so great. It one lil bump and off I go I was down 35 pounds and now I've swelled back up. Ha. The story of my life. So back at it again.. we can do it. it motivates me when others share their stories I believe we all can do it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    SAHM of 6 here (17,16,15,12,7 and 3 months old). I have to make myself want it and I have to make it happen if I want it bad enough.
  • Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a stay at home mom of 2 (4 and 2). I've struggled with my weight for a long time, but I feel determined to lose it this time. Feel free to add me! I'm pretty active on mfp
  • sana299
    sana299 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! i'm a 30 year old mum of 2 (aged 2.5 and nearly 1). it's been a tough year but i've managed to lose 30 lbs on a healthy eating diet alone. only another 15 to go , but now i've plateaued i think! i need some major motivation to start a fitness regimen of some description. struggling as i've never been fit before! please feel free to add me xxx
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Take me in. 36 years old stay at home.
    kj_mom wrote: »
    Hello, I'm looking for a support; people to motivate and keep each other on track! I'm in my mid 30's with 3 young children. I primarily stay home, aside from working in a dental office 10 hrs a week. i have been on an on and off again journey of weight-loss for the past 6 yrs. It's mainly due to being pregnant and/or nursing for the last 7 yrs straight, but i had my last child almost 2 yrs ago and i need to get down to a healthy weight; pre pregnancy weight. I'm having a hard time getting it off. Im at the weight i was when i delivered my last child. Now it's time for support and motivation! My family has moved all over the country every 2 years for the past 6 years, so finding local support is tough. Any mom's out there wanting to motivate and support each other, please add me!! I log all my food and i have a fitbit that i use. The struggle is real!!!
    MODERATOR NOTE: Please send personal details via Private Message, please do not post your personal information in the forums.

Guideline 7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator