Music: What gets you pumped?

Options
2»

Replies

• LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Prince was the first one to mind. ;) Bruno Mars, Dirty Vegas, Black Beatles, Megan Trainor, some classic Clash and Euryhmics

Marina Kamen is fun too.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Swedish death metal, anything Devin Townsend is involved with, and all things Motorhead.

Sometimes I'll put on some old school hardcore like Agnostic Front or Warzone. And old punk like The Exploited or GBH is good for cardio.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Eagles CCR and Emerson Drive I can run along time listening to them
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Gangsta rap ☺ lets me get into my zone, and nothing sways me ✌️
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Instrumental Grime! I have a private rave going on while I lift it gets me suuper pumped!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Pump It! by the Black Eyed Peas
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I go through phases. Currently it is:

Feel Invincible by Skillet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

I'd never heard of them, but if that song is any indication, I like.
  • aliciarichardson13
    Options
    I listen to a lot of upbeat songs when I work out and most of them are by Megan Trainor! Love her!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood. I jog, do yoga and lift. I don't usually listen to music during yoga, but will listen to either Bella Morte, Santa Hates You, London After Midnight, Weird Al, Elliott Smith, Cruxshadows, Foo Fighters, Heatmiser, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Tenacious D... whatever gets me going!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,813 Member
    Options
    pwatson63 wrote: »
    Usually a variety. Sometimes nature relaxation sound tracks, 80s playlists. For longer treadmill time I put on Kraftwerk Autobahn or Tubular Bells. If I want to push it hard on the Treadmill I turn up the volume and put on Sisters of Mercy.

Props for mentioning Kraftwerk and Sisters! Don't hear them mentioned a lot around here.

I hear "This Corrosion" and start jumping up and down.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    kelly clarkson rihanna and jojo.
    payphone has a good rhythm for arc trainer.
    i do have jump! :)
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The song Top of the World by Imagine Dragons tends to do the trick for me. I don't think much of the music video but the song itself works wonders.

Just....yes