Aldi shopping

Options
Had my first Aldi shopping experience today. The produce is great with amazing prices. I only shopped around the outside aisles where the fresh food is. Back to trying to avoid anything processed. I'll be making cauliflower crust pizza for lunch! Then hitting the gym. Who's with me?!?!

Replies

• Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    Ohhhnsounds good
  • oldyogi66
    oldyogi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The cauliflower crust pizza sounds great. We love Aldi not only for the prices but they also offer tons of organic products. The produce in our store is usually nice and the price is fantastic. I'm making cauliflower mash to go with the steak we're having for dinner.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    The Goddess salad dressing is excellent.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Had my first Aldi shopping experience today. The produce is great with amazing prices. I only shopped around the outside aisles where the fresh food is. Back to trying to avoid anything processed. I'll be making cauliflower crust pizza for lunch! Then hitting the gym. Who's with me?!?!

I'm with ya! On my way to the gym now :wink:
  • EricLFC1892
    EricLFC1892 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do most of my shopping in the Aldi as a quick glance at my diary would show
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I have been all over this cauliflower crust thing lately! It also makes great tortillas, or "bread" for grilled cheese sandwiches. I love it!
  • Wednesday87
    Wednesday87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also an Aldi devotee! I love the selection and the prices! I'm also glad to see them stocking up on so many organic products!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    It's cheap and cheerful but it does the job
  • jenlowlow
    jenlowlow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I go to Aldi on a weekly basis because of the vegetable selection and cauliflower was a steal this week; so, I'll be using mine to make roasted cauliflower wraps, but pizza crust sounds awesome. Overall, my favorite things to grab are their big bags of pre-washed / cut kale and their hummus.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to Aldi I have to go to my regular grocery store afterward to get the stuff Aldi doesn't have. They've only been open here for less than a year, so hopefully they'll start getting more variety in.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Nope, there will always be things they don't have that you will have to go to another store to get
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know if our store has the same stuff as the American Aldi, but I've heard their Quiches are really nice, has anyone tried them?
    Their yogurt prices are great, but the ones I've seen have average/low protein compared to the regular one I use.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Aldi is my go to store.
  • talk2sharan
    talk2sharan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup, affordable prices.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I use Aldi and Lidl but find the fresh produce goes off real quick.

Yes, it does. The onions are always moldy within a day. Same with tomatoes.
    marm1962 wrote: »
    Nope, there will always be things they don't have that you will have to go to another store to get

That's true. If I'm shopping only at Aldi I work off a limited menu. It's possible but limiting. I wish they were bigger
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Don't skip the middle, there's awesome stuff there, too! They have the best prices on dried beans and the basmati rice is fantastic. They also have great deals on dried fruits and nuts and canned beans and veggies, oatmeal, and even gluten free items that I keep around for when my son's celiac friend visits.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Aldi is the bee's knees! Try out their organic line. The best salsa and marinara. No added sugars or oils, and they taste better than any others i've tried.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aldi "Unconvincible". Nothing seems much better or a lot cheaper than where I normally shop. About the only thing I'd buy is Haribo lollies because they're cheap.
  • karly2612
    karly2612 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know if our store has the same stuff as the American Aldi, but I've heard their Quiches are really nice, has anyone tried them?
    Their yogurt prices are great, but the ones I've seen have average/low protein compared to the regular one I use.

The Australian Aldi quiches are fantastic! It's my quick go to dinner when I'm late home from work.