Bad weather and no gym membership

Options
I ran in my house for 80 minutes because it is snowing/raining out and had a nature doc on while doing circles around the house. What do you do during bad weather? And don't say you get over it and just go outside, because as great as that is, sometimes there are those days that really really suck. So on those very sucky days, what do you do for exercise?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't have this problem because I live in Southern California. But a lot of people enjoy workout videos. Things like Insanity, PX90, etc. You can also find a lot of great, at home workout videos on YouTube. Fitness Blender and Nerd Fitness are two YT channels that get a lot of mentions here on MFP.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I shovel! When raining, bodyweight exercises.
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm in WA too and the weather has sucked! There are lots of fun free videos on youtube. If I'm bored of one, I just find another. I'm liking The Fitness Marshall and RefitREV channels right now. They are tough-like Just Dance on steroids and I have to modify the moves sometimes. But they are oh so much fun and I laugh through them.
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a serious collection of workout DVDs. I really love Leslie Sansone. Because I totally agree - some days I am just not leaving my house.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go OP for running 80 minutes in your house!

I have a nice set up at home. I have a lot of exercise dvd's (I mainly use Leslie Sansone and Beachbody), I use Youtube workouts, and I have lots of equipment, weights, gadgets etc.

When I had a gym membership in the past I made too many excuses. Now, good weather or bad weather everything I need is in my own home.
  • CathyTwentyTwo
    CathyTwentyTwo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also rely on Leslie Sansone DVDs. She's great! I try to get outside, but when all else fails, I fire up Leslie.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Dreadmill or suspension trainer. Or both.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    On real bad days, I go out and run, just like any other day.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been working out/ doing MFP for 475 days. I started running in my house from day 1. I've lost 40 pounds this way, I just have a path and go.
  • ROHedingham
    ROHedingham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We cancelled our gym membership as with a 16 month old we just could find time to go due to childcare etc, I'm trying some interval training in my living room until we get the home gym up and running, any tips on good routines/videos etc would be great tho, diet alone isn't enough so need to burn those extra calories!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Workout videos. I could workout for hours at home if I needed to! I also have a treadmill, rebounder, and 1, 3, 5, and 7.5lb hand weights.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Drive up to the mountains where it's coming down as snow instead of rain. You can stay dry in the snow and it's beautiful.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym. Is that out of the question?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,837 Member
    Options
    Walk laps around my local shopping centre.

Ride my trainer ... bicycle attached to device which holds it in place.

Lift weights in my home gym.

Drop in at my local university gym ... I'm a student so I get student rates.

Take a rare rest day.

Go outside anyway.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've been running in my house the whole last week. I have a 6 month old so I sit him in his high chair and I run around him, or dance around him. He loves it. I also have a stationary bike and a treadmill so no excuses anymore.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I do have a gym, but recently got an indoor trainer for my bike so I can workout when I'm stuck at home for some reason.

cyz38soyaunw.jpg
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Youtube a workout video. Pilates? Something else?
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There is quite a bit of Jillian Micheals stuff on YouTube, someone ripped the DVDs and posted them. Or try her new app, it is £3.99 a month (which is I think around $5 or so) Lots of workouts that are 10-13 minutes long and a bunch of recipes too