Food planning & Food Prep day....

Options
I have learned that this is my lifestyle and for me to be successful it's what I'll need to do for the long term. I do this Sunday-Friday, Saturday I plan a healthy meal for lunch since my parents eat with us that day.

Just curious if anyone else is doing this (I'm sure there are) and what gadgets, tips or tricks you do or use.

Today I'm making Tuscan white bean soup with kale and Italian turkey sausage meatballs and a pot of Minestrone soup (some will be frozen for quick take to work meals).

Chopping up all my favorite veggies for quick salads.
Roasting some veggies for lunches.
Crockpot chicken breast with salsa.
Boiling eggs for snacks and some for my salads.
Bulk cooking some quinoa for lunches and I freeze 2c bags for later use as well.

:)

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yep, I cook, portion and freeze a ton of full meals. We also have things like sauces, meatballs, muffin tin dishes, burger patties, breakfast sausage, etc frozen for quick week cooking.

I sometimes prep things like a frittata or hard boiled eggs to eat all week, but I also prep veggies so we can cook more easily.

We always meal plan dinners a week ahead of time, and I plan my batch/freezer cooking as well.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    Too much for me. I grab a bag of lettuce and a bottle of hot sauce and get on with it.
  • breegoodbrand
    breegoodbrand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear other people's tips too
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals in detail (even though they are really simple, I just love the food puzzle), but cook from fresh every day, except for the dinners I cook for Monday, that make leftovers for Wednesday. The only prep work is thawing and soaking, cutting and boxing larger fruits and vegetables, portioning and freezing fresh meat/fish and slicing and freezing bananas.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I cut lots of veggies on Sundays. They don't last all week. I still have some prep through the week
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    9atort05kzw5.jpg

Here is today..