lose a few pounds kind of quick

Options
i have a physical with a new doctor in a couple weeks and want to make a good impression and drop as many pounds as possible. any suggestions?

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Open and honest relationships with health care providers should be paramount. Presenting yourself in the "best" light is one thing but if your reality is far from this how can you expect your Dr. to give you accurate feedback and help.

It sounds as though you have weight issues and while Drs. don't have a lot of tuition regards nutrition he can at least give you appropriate tests and advise you about the possible health issues you may experience if you don't lose weight permanently. Tricking him into thinking you are someone you aren't is not going to benefit you in the long run.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Your good impression sounds more like a false impression. I think it's more important to be open and honest with your doctor.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Bobbr2 wrote: »
    i have a physical with a new doctor in a couple weeks and want to make a good impression and drop as many pounds as possible. any suggestions?

Is that like people who wash and straighten their hair to go to the hairdressers?!

Or brushing your teeth before visiting the dentist?

I mean, I get it..I'd love to lose some weight before my physical in April. If I don't, though, it is what it is. At this point you probably aren't going to lose enough to make that much of a difference if it's that soon.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

Is that like people who wash and straighten their hair to go to the hairdressers?!

Or like the people who straighten up their house before the cleaning lady (or man) arrives.
    (OK...I totally admit to doing that! :D )

OP, as stated above, having an open and honest relationship with your doctor is very important. There's no need to try to impress and in fact, doing so can be counter productive in many cases. Just go in and let him or her evaluate you as you are.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I can't facepalm hard enough for this.

There's no need to "impress" a doctor at a physical. What you're effectively trying to do is lie to your doctor about the state of your health, which is BAD JUJU.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Or like the people who straighten up their house before the cleaning lady (or man) arrives.
    (OK...I totally admit to doing that! :D )

Haha me too.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Dude, I am a doctor and guess what, I'm on here too. We're human, and we like junk food/laziness just as much as everyone else. Just be honest with your doctor and tell her what you think trips you up in terms of weight loss. She might have a few tips. I would never judge one of my patients based on their weight issues- who hasn't wanted to drop a few pounds? If she makes you feel badly about it, find a new doctor!

Wow! I like you!! You remind me of my doctor!