Help! I Binged ):

Options
So today bring the super bowl and my team (Patriots) being there, we had a party. And as I always do at parties, binges horribly. Anyone have any tips to recover? I've lost 130+ pounds and still am trying to lose weight but I always get down and depressed when I overeat for a day.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    its just a day. Dust your hard working *kitten* off and get back on track youve done amazing you clearly know exactly what to do dont sweat it
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do to change things now.
    Just go back to eating an appropriate amount today.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    A 130+ loss is something to be proud of, one day of of binging isn't going to effect that success much, you may gain a couple of lbs of water weight but so what..that's only temporary. You have to indulge once in awhile to keep your sanity..at least I do!
  • zheeduh
    zheeduh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just realize the cause of it and think about how to prevent it in the future.

Sometimes, if I know I'm about to go to a party, I'll eat a sandwich or granola bar to curb my appetite beforehand.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad trust me we all have that day where we overeat it's okay. We have a new day ahead of us the next day to continue working hard. Sometimes we beat ourselves up for one day, and we shouldn't. Great job on the 130 pound weight loss!!!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Get back into your regular pattern tomorrow, don't continue to indulge past today, that's what will get you into trouble. Hope you had fun today at the party. :smiley:
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Maaaate - 130lbs you lost and you are worried about one night binge? Log it, forget it, move on. You are already a legend!!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    You binged. So what? Move on. Well unless you plan to binge every day from now on.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's one day of overeating and it'll take about a week of staying on your eating plan and drinking plenty of water for all the damage to be undone. What else were you planning to do with the week, anyway?
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It's how we eat habitually, not how we eat at a handful of big parties every year, that affects our weight gain or loss. Don't worry about it, and keep on keepin' on.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    One day of the year is not a binge, it's a celebration.

You're not a "binger".

Don't define yourself as a clichéd neurotic housewife identity created to sell guilt and diet books.

You enjoyed some treats. Yay!
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Who cares. Just get back on it tomorrow.