Vegan protein snack packs?

Options
I always see little vegetarian packs with small portion of cheese, egg, nut, ect. I am wanting to be able to do something like that but vegan. My only ideas are nuts and vegan seitan "primal strips." I would like it to be foods that are minimal prep, if a bulk package keep for a fair amount of time (like a week), not messy, and taste good xD. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not vegan myself but of the top of my head I thought of a couple of things.

Baked edamame beans
    Baked chickpeas with spices
    Falafels (I think these are or definitely could be made vegan?)

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really interesting idea. The options already mentioned are good ones. If you like any of the vegan cheeses, like Daiya or Chao, that could work, as could small portions of prepared proteins--maybe a sliced Field Roast sausage with one of the cheeses. I'm imagining something in the style of Lunchables, with crackers, little pieces of vegan meat and cheese, and maybe a few nuts or a little trail mix.
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The chao cheeses are VERY good! (I like the Follow Your Heart ones too, especially the pepperjack) but they don't have any protein in them, sadly.

When we go hiking, I pack a small lunch of hummus, wheat thins, almonds, and a Lightlife Smart Dog - 7g of protein for 50 cals, which isn't bad! If low cal isn't a concern, there's always peanut/almond butter and the aforementioned Field Roast (or even Tofurky) sausages.
  • slatkabundeva
    slatkabundeva Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Biena chickpea snacks? I love them! Most of them are vegan.