Looking for motivating and supporting friends!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm looking for friends on MFP to help motivate and support me as I hopefully finish reaching my goal weight and fitness level this year! I'd love to support and motivate others as well!! A little background info: I'm 26 years old, 5' 7", and currently 165 lbs after FINALLY losing 40 lbs. I've struggled with my weight since 11 years old and it's been a constant yo-yo between 145-210 lbs since. I'm hoping to lose 25 more pounds to reach my goal of 140lbs and to also become a much stronger, healthier person. I just became licensed as a RN and am about to begin a RN residency on a critical care unit which will mean managing exercise and eating healthy around 12.5 hour shifts, night shifts, and heaping amounts of new RN stress. It would be wonderful to have friends on here to help encourage each other through this difficult but oh SO incredible journey!

Replies

• dialysisnurse4206
    Options
    Hi! I am also an RN, but I've been a nurse for 19 years in med surg, dialysis, and my most recent job is in post pancreas/kidney transplant.

I am 42, 5'6 and weigh 184. I really need to lose 40 lbs. Nursing is soooo stressful & I feel like I just can't get the weight off. I exercise 3-4 times weekly for an hour and walk, weights, or the elliptical. I did Adkins for awhile and did great, but gained all my weight back during a bout with my auto-immune disorder and the wicked awful drug...pred-60mg daily! Ugh! I get extremely discouraged because I don't eat sweets, bread, pasta, potatoes or rice. I drink only water too and have for years.

I have a 14 year old daughter and she rides her Clydesdale, Charlie, all the time. I also have two donkeys. I just threw that in there for personal info because I saw your horse on your profile pic. Good luck on your journey. We'll get there eventually.
  • allie918273645
    allie918273645 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    added you :)
  • jasmijnalberts
    jasmijnalberts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me 2. Jasmijnalberts
  • louisenichole
    louisenichole Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yous can add me please