Feeling faint/weak after workouts

Options
So I'm new again to working out, I am feeling really committed and motivated. Today was my second day doing body pump class at my gym and I'm wondering how long will it take for me to get over the feeling of just being so out of shape after the class. I'm sure I'm pushing myself to hard but I don't want to give up on going and I know this workout can transform my body.

I went Monday and I was sore for days then I went again today (Sunday) so I took a good break in between. In between those days I did one day of cycling for an hour and walking on the treadmill 2 days because of the soreness. Should I stick to once a week of the body pump? It sent me into panic mode when I felt nauseous and faint.

Replies

• jonnybowers420
    jonnybowers420 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I overdid it at body pump choosing too heavy weights and it put me on my *kitten* for about 5 days!

I'm now focusing on body weight training and will have another bash once my core fitness has increased.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Slow down and work up to it. You will find it much more enjoyable
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling ill after classes when I was pretty out of shape. Just make sure you're doing an appropriate weight, drink water, have a little something with sugar before...maybe a banana or apple.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    U don't have to take the same weight what other people do. Your load has to be in accordance with the level of indurance u are in rite now. U may do some exercises without load at all. Think before u load the weight. Also u dodn't have to do as fast as other people. Also u dodn't have to copy other people in the same amplidute. If they sit down low, u can perform only a halve of squat. Until u find it easer to perform.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can pace yourself without giving up. If instructor gives modifications, follow them. If she doesnt, ask before or after class. "What seems impossible today will be your future warm up." It's true!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If your new to training, I always say ease into it rather going full throttle. Soreness will be less and getting your body use to training.
  • Lxftcoastenvy
    Lxftcoastenvy Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Like everyone said. Dont try and keep up with everyone else. Push yourself do better then YOU did the week before. I'm not new and I like lifting rather than classes but I also get dizzy alot. I carry a bottle of water with bcaas mixed in. I like scivation fruit punch. Has helped me. If that's not your thing focus on your food. You probably don't want to fill up then jump around but your body needs good fuel.

Don't give up. Just slow down
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can also try taking a B complex vitamin about 8 hours before your workout and eat something sugary like raisins or figs before your workout to keep your blood sugar up. Reducing the weight you're lifting, as mentioned previously, is also probably a good idea.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    If feeling faint, make sure you have something with sugar, electrolytes to snack on before/when getting to that point. (Clif blocks, fruit snacks, fruit. If it's really warm in there and a long class, maybe take electrolyte tablet beforehand).
  • Fibrofighter13
    Fibrofighter13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have found that it's important to figure out your MHR (maximum heart rate) and THR (Target Heart Rate). If it goes over you could feel dizzy, extreme fatigued, etc. Google formula to determine your's. Hope this helps!