New soon to be bride :-)

Options
Hi! I've been dealing with weight issues my whole life. Seeing as I'm getting married in October, I feel like it would be a great time to give myself that overhaul I've been needing. My fiancee is in full support of my decision and knows that I want to be healthier. I also deal with PCOS so for those who also have the syndrome, I feel your weightloss pain. I have been encouaged by a friend who used this site along with the medical weightloss program I have just begun and had great success. I am excited and ready for my new life, and new body, to begin! :-)

Replies

• Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding and for deciding to get healthier. It's also great that your fiancee is supportive because you'll need it. Welcome!
  • musicalflower
    Options
    Thanks! :-)
  • texaspye
    texaspye Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! It is awesome you have decided to make a lifestyle change! That is the first step. The second is to become active everyday and eat smaller portions throughout the day. Best of luck!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too, and when I stopped using it as an excuse to not lose weight, I lost 40 pounds! Good luck!!!
  • hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    It will be a long journey, but good luck with it, and know you have all our support!
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on both your impending nuptials and your new healthy lifestyle!
    This site is great and full of great people!
  • musicalflower
    Options
    Thanks! I know it can happen despite health stuff. I'm determined this time :-D
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I recently got married, too, and I wanted to look as great as I knew I would feel on my wedding day. I started eating healthier and getting more exercise a few months before my wedding, and I have stuck with my work out plan ever since. It's been about a year. You've got a great motivation to start out, when it's most important to have that motivation, so you will do well! I have some health issues, and although they don't affect my weight like your PCOS would, they do make me feel pretty crappy a lot of the time, so I know how it is to struggle with something kind of out of your hands. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :)
  • Radiva
    Radiva Posts: 14
    Options
    hello and good luck to you! i am a bride to be too! :bigsmile: aug 11, 2012; lets be friends and motivate each other into shape for our gowns!:drinker: