60 or over crowd in here?

Options
Just bought a Fitbit. Need the motivation. Had MyfitnessPal several years ago and let it die. Back again to give it a go. Would be interested in the 60 and over crowd to communicate with, share tips etc.

Replies

• cllslcl
    cllslcl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    60 in Colorado! Just bought running shoes for interval bursts during walks
  • cllslcl
    cllslcl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm using an Apple Watch. Tracking steps is helpful. Also follow skinnytaste on Facebook.
  • 21Marilyn42
    21Marilyn42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    64 in Austin. I started counting calories here (again) just before Christmas; started walking 1-2 miles a day then, too, with maybe one day a week off. The walking makes me feel fabulous--springy, healthy, and just plain good. I plan to add more fitness activities over time.

I've been pretty religious about eating quality mostly organic food for maybe the past 10-15 years, but apparently, I need to eat less of it. My motivations are to look good again (goal is to lose .5/week for about 2 years, if possible) and to live long and be as healthy as possible (or practical) for the duration.

Anyway, I've lost about 5-6 pounds in the past month, though 5 of them were new since Thanksgiving, so they hadn't really unpacked yet. I think I've been losing and finding the same 5 pounds since my last biggish weight loss of 20 lbs. several years ago, but this time it's intentional and I'm highly motivated, and the results are better than the accidental 5-pound weight losses of the past few years. Even though I've weighed about this much fairly recently, I've noticed (as has my husband) that I look so much better already in just this past month! So far, I've already lost weight in my waist and in my face, and even my hands and feet look skinnier. ;)

It'd be nice to share tips with others in my age group. I think we have different challenges than younger folks.
  • Paddington126cvd
    Options
    New here In need of much support Must lose weight to regain health Haven't dieted in years Have worn size 24 since the 90s Now problematic Horrible eating habits Too fatigued to exercise In a hard place between a rock Really uncomfortable Hoping for mature support and empathy from this community
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 here we got this and age is no barrier.
    Stick with it, log daily, get a digital food scale and move more. Good luck to you all. OP why not link up on Fitbit ?