I can really use some positivity

Options
kamp150
kamp150 Posts: 75 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys I've been on here for a while and I'm already down 100 lbs but this past I have buried myself in hole and completely stagnated my progress and my confidence I use to have is completely ruined. I don't really have friends to communicate with and a lot of my days are spent lonely or working. I just wanted to reach out and find a good support group I know I sound pathetic but I'm being honest and can use the support

Replies

• kamp150
    Options
    Ok
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What happened that your confidence you used to have is gone? Why the big change? I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I know what it's like. I lost about 90 pounds and was on this site all the time about 3 years ago. I felt amazing, looked amazing and was on cloud 9. I sailed for a year and a half, maintained no problem, then slowly let bad habits creep back into my life and got more and more disappointed in myself. This year during the holidays I realized I was suffering from horrible daily headaches, daily/nightly abdominal pains and just felt lousy all the time. I decided to get back on the wagon so I could feel as well as I had a year prior. It's been hard, but I feel so much better already and it's only been 5 weeks. I keep reminding myself how lousy I felt and why I need to keep it up. We were just away for a week's vacation and got back last night. The first 4 days I ate according to my plan and felt fantastic. The evening of day 4 I allowed myself to indulge a little. I woke up with horrible stomach pains, was in the bathroom half the night and had a horrible headache the whole next day. A reminder to myself why I am doing this. Try to think back to how great you felt before this hole and try to mentally get back there. It's so worth it.
  • kamp150
    Options
    I don't know just had a lot going on personally and families issues that led to me following down a wrong path, similar to one you are experienced but yea I know I've been doing good for the last three weeks and I'm gonna keep going, i just feel really down sometimes
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's great that you've been back at it for three weeks- for me the three week mark is when it starts to feel easier.
  • kamp150
    Options
    shetland wrote: »
    That's great that you've been back at it for three weeks- for me the three week mark is when it starts to feel easier.

Yea your right I'm gonna keep pushing through thank you for responding!
  • LaRelicHunter
    LaRelicHunter Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Add me.
    Started 23 days ago have lost 18lbs so far as of today.
    Loosing 70 is my goal.
    In it for the long run.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You lost 100 pounds!! That takes incredible dedication and effort. Seriously, you killed it. So you had a bad period. That's ok. Things happen. You got a little derailed. That's life. Now you are ready to get back in the groove. Great! Forgive yourself. You already know you have what it takes to do this, so keep moving forward. Do what you can, and when you can do more, do more. Things don't always go the way we plan, but if you stay focused on where you are going, you'll get there eventually.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    You have a home church you could get involved with?

Sometimes focusing on helping others offers us a catapult past our ownselves. If you don't have a home church, you could look at the local soup kitchen, or just giving to some random person in walmart. I had my teenage daughter hand out gift cards to people.

Anything outside yourself may be just what you need. Look for opportunities.
  • kamp150
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Sometimes focusing on helping others offers us a catapult past our ownselves. If you don't have a home church, you could look at the local soup kitchen, or just giving to some random person in walmart. I had my teenage daughter hand out gift cards to people.

Yea your right I mean I try to pre occupy myself with school and work but I guess I drown myself in my own thoughts some time. I need to work on not letting negativity around me effect me and my self perception and I'll look into those suggestions thank you for your kind words!
  • kamp150
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    You lost 100 pounds!! That takes incredible dedication and effort. Seriously, you killed it. So you had a bad period. That's ok. Things happen. You got a little derailed. That's life. Now you are ready to get back in the groove. Great! Forgive yourself. You already know you have what it takes to do this, so keep moving forward. Do what you can, and when you can do more, do more. Things don't always go the way we plan, but if you stay focused on where you are going, you'll get there eventually.

Yea your right I need to focus on the good I still have a terrible body image though and constantly struggle with it
  • Elise4270
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kamp150 wrote: »

Yea your right I mean I try to pre occupy myself with school and work but I guess I drown myself in my own thoughts some time. I need to work on not letting negativity around me effect me and my self perception and I'll look into those suggestions thank you for your kind words!

Yes I do too. You are a superstar. Share that.

ETA If you need to visit your primary care physician about the possibility of meds (not pushing the use of pharmaceuticals, but sometimes we may need to explore that option), then do so.
  • kamp150
    Options
    Count me in! Add me.
    Loosing 70 is my goal.
    In it for the long run.
    Count me in! Add me.
    Loosing 70 is my goal.
    In it for the long run.
    Count me in! Add me.
    Loosing 70 is my goal.
    In it for the long run.

Lol yea your right keep it up! And send me a request for some reason I can't add you!
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yea your right I need to focus on the good I still have a terrible body image though and constantly struggle with it.

I hear you. I have been heavy for longer than you have been alive. It is absolutely a struggle and it is at least as much emotional as it is physical. To be honest, it sounds like you might benefit from discussing it with a therapist. You have done extremely well, but it sounds like you are struggling with some non-weight issues that are getting in your way. A therapist can help you with those things.
  • yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job @ 100 pounds lost. That takes serious dedication. Life happens to all of us and we get knocked down sometimes. Good thing is, when you get back up, you now have a community that will support and encourage you in this journey! Feel free to add me. Be encouraged!!!
  • kamp150
    Options

Yes I do too. You are a superstar. Share that.

ETA If you need to visit your primary care physician about the possibility of meds (not pushing the use of pharmaceuticals, but sometimes we may need to explore that option), then do so.

No I'm good I think my problems are a lot bigger in my head than they actually are this forum helped a lot
  • kamp150
    Options
    Yea your right I need to focus on the good I still have a terrible body image though and constantly struggle with it.

I hear you. I have been heavy for longer than you have been alive. It is absolutely a struggle and it is at least as much emotional as it is physical. To be honest, it sounds like you might benefit from discussing it with a therapist. You have done extremely well, but it sounds like you are struggling with some non-weight issues that are getting in your way. A therapist can help you with those things.

Yea you might be right
  • kamp150
    Options
    Just pray for me guys I'll pray for you
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Just pray for me guys I'll pray for you

Done. ((Hugs))
  • kamp150
    Options
    You've done an amazing job @ 100 pounds lost. That takes serious dedication. Life happens to all of us and we get knocked down sometimes. Good thing is, when you get back up, you now have a community that will support and encourage you in this journey! Feel free to add me. Be encouraged!!!

thank you for the kind words i appreciate it and yea your right i need to appreciate the little things and nsv i have accomplished thanks again! :smile: