Suggestions?

Options
rjel78
rjel78 Posts: 102 Member
1) I need some suggestions on a couple fronts. I am a big guy who has a big chest for a man and a big tummy. What foods specifically will help with belly fat and help with my chest?

2) I've noticed with my macros (that I recently adjusted) that I'm running low daily on protein. Any suggestions on what foods are high in protein?

Thanks

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Losing fat requires you to be in a calorie deficit - no specific food will target certain areas unfortunately. Just keep being consistent and accurate with your logging/eating.
    When you say you have a big chest, do you mean pecs, or man boobs?

High protein food - meat/fish! Also Eggs, dairy, and plant sources. If you really struggle to eat enough, you could look into a protein powder to supplement your intake
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    A caloric deficit and patience will lead to weight loss, no specific foods. You can't spot reduce either unfortunately, my belly is the last place the fat is coming off, but it is coming off slowly.

Some foods that are high in protein include meat, eggs, dairy, beans, nuts etc.
    There are some inexpensive protein powders you can buy too if you're still low on protein.

All the best.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Don't believe those clickbait websites that make promises about eating this or that for a flat belly.
    You just need to eat less food to lose weight and eventually you will see changes in your body, though the rate of change will probably be influenced most my genetics which you can't change.

You have some good suggestions above for high protein foods - you might like to look at the ratio of what you put on your plate and just eat more of the protein component that you are already eating (chicken, beef, eggs, diary, nuts etc) within your calorie goal.
  • UnicornCrisis
    UnicornCrisis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add weight lifting or core training to help add muscles to those areas, but nothing will force weight loss in particular areas. Weight loss/ gain is genetic, so that determines where it's the easiest and the hardest for you to lose weight on your body.

Make sure you're hitting a calorie goal and try some weight training/ focused exercises for problem areas, but there's still no 100% guarantee.