Is body composition more than just CICO?

Options
I want to get lean. Maybe lose a few pounds of weight, not much. But I don't want to become a smaller version of what I currently am. What should my diet be like?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sorry didn't read the post and was irrelevant
  • Relaxingmind
    Relaxingmind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't read.

??? :/
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I gave you a training suggestion (progressive overload lifting program) but didn't notice you only wanted diet help
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    diet depends on your workouts too. too complicated to give advice without enough information or knowing exactly what you want :) all sorts of things to consider - what exactly Do you want to look like? and so on... I'm sure you'll get lots of replies with CICO as the answer.
  • Relaxingmind
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    diet depends on your workouts too. too complicated to give advice without enough information or knowing exactly what you want :) all sorts of things to consider - what exactly Do you want to look like? and so on... I'm sure you'll get lots of replies with CICO as the answer.

I want to lose body fat but lose little-no weight. I want to look defined. I'm a size 2 but am soft :(
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    So are you doing a progressive overload lifting program? It sounds like you want to recomp which is basically eating at maintenance or a very small deficit, getting adequate protein and strength training.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    to look "defined" you will need to lift heavy *kitten*. Lots of it and consistently. Then, eating at a deficit will cut the fat back and show your definition. You may actually even put on weight on the scale, but will look defined once the muscles start getting worked. you can lose all the fat you want but if there's no muscle underneath you will never look defined.

so - advice? start lifting :)
  • Relaxingmind
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    to look "defined" you will need to lift heavy *kitten*. Lots of it and consistently. Then, eating at a deficit will cut the fat back and show your definition. You may actually even put on weight on the scale, but will look defined once the muscles start getting worked. you can lose all the fat you want but if there's no muscle underneath you will never look defined.

so - advice? start lifting :)

Thanks! This is a great suggestion. Are there certain amounts of proteins fats and carbs I'm supposed to be eating to help build the muscle and get defined?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Yes. How you train, and your macro breakdown will effect your body composition.

I would focus on resistance training and meeting at least the minimum protein requirement.