Insomnia

Options
Only started this app a week past I was wondering if anyone else was so full of energy they were struggling to wind down for sleep?
I'm on caffeine free tea and coffee so I'm confused .com lol

Replies

• Valjhs
    Valjhs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use hypnosis and relaxation apps on my android fone ....ear buds in ...deep breathing and gently fall asleep....i find them great :D
  • Camposmith
    Camposmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments guys I'll have a look into some of those ideas or maybe my body has gone into shock with the drop in calorie intake lol ha ha or I'm having withdrawals
  • naveedzehri007
    naveedzehri007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I couldn't slept either
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think that eating less leads to sleeping less, at least for myself... also maybe you need to adjust to a new balance
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    A drop in blood sugar at night can lead to insomnia / night time waking. Carbohydrates boost serotonin, a hormone that helps you feel calm, peaceful, and even sleepy. Consider snacking on a half ounce (17.2 grams) of cheese (57 calories / 0 carbs / 7 grams protein) and a quarter piece of apple (20 calories / 7.5 carbs) just before turning in for the evening. The cheese is dense enough to stay with you mixed with the apple which has pectin. Another thing to try is 4 oz (122 grams) whole milk (73 calories) heated with a sprinkle of nutmeg and/or lavender flowers. Whole milk (like cheese) has tryptophan in it. Nutmeg has a high content of magnesium, an essential mineral in the body that reduces nerve tension, and even stimulates the release of serotonin which creates a feeling of relaxation or sedation. This serotonin is changed to melatonin in the brain, which is a sleep inducer, relieving people of their problems with insomnia and restlessness at night. Nutmeg also has trace elements of narcotics, which have no dramatic effect unless taken in massive quantities. However, even the small amount can help you release various neurotransmitters than induce relaxation and sleep. For either nutmeg or lavender milk - put the milk and lavender in a small saucepan and over a medium heat slowly bring to boiling point. Reduce the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Strain and serve with a touch of low glycemic sweetener if desired.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use an app called 'Sleepfullness' and they have a track called 'Whole' .... i can honestly say i've never heard the end of it :)