Fun-Sized Women 5'5 and under Stand Up!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    At 5' 3 1/2" I hold the "short card" -- and play that card at every opportunity (you expect ME to be able to reach that shelf?)! My ideal weight is 112.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I come in at just about 5'. And I never, never, ask anyone to reach things for me. I consider it a challenge and I love the looks I get when scaling the shelves in the grocery store. My husband is tall, really tall, 6' and 7inches. And my kids were taller than me by 4th grade,lol. I like being this size, I see how uncomfortable a tall person gets sometimes when traveling etc. The only downside is how noticeable a few extra pounds look, nowhere to hide it! Yeah, I'm lovin the fun size label, never heard that before.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    5'3" and thought I was average until now :laugh:
  • briemyre
    briemyre Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", possibly slightly under! I hate the way trousers fit me. If I buy petite (meaning 5'3 and under) they are short in the body, when I need them to be short in the leg only. And when you carry your extra weight around your waist and tummy you dont need petite size there, just the legs!
    But I like the fact that I can wear high heels without towering over people.
    I think I will feel taller when I'm thinner! LOL

I used to work retail - if you need pants that are only short in the leg, then you should be shopping for pants that are in the regular sizes but cut short - so a 14S for example. Petite clothing is designed to be shorter in the body as well as the legs. Unfortunately, not all brands make their pants in long and short lengths.

Also - I'm 5'4" and halfway to my goal! 67.7 pounds to go!
  • tashigolean33
    Options
    I am 5ft even and I love it! My guy is 6ft 8 lol. I have always been the smallest in my family, school, friends etc. When I was very young and hated being the smallest everywhere I went, my grandmother told me that God only lets thing grow until they're perfect. I guess some of us just reached perfect faster than others :)
  • rubyred138
    rubyred138 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been 5'1.5" forever and 2 months ago the doctors office measured me and said I was 5'3" LOL. the hardest part is finding pants that arent a foot too long with the knees in the wrong place and a long crotch.
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    5'5 here! Hey shorties :D
  • puraze
    puraze Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    5'2.5". I love being short!! Or "fun-sized", but I hate that I show my weight gain so much more obvious than taller girls!
  • AGirrl
    AGirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I show my weight gain so much more obvious than taller girls!

Oh yeah, I am 5'2 so I can definitely relate to that. Taller girls who weigh a lot more than I do still manage to look quite skinny while me - well... Any lb I put on shows instantly on the way I look. Although high heels help, but I hate high-heeled shoes. I luuuv my flats.
  • ishiqa36
    ishiqa36 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    im 5ft ! Small and spicy =)
  • KirstyyPie
    KirstyyPie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my verticaly chalanged friends out there :) .. I am too im only 5'1'' .. But all you have to remember is .. God only lets things grow until they are perfect .. Some of us just didnt take as long ;)<3
  • Winnychan
    Winnychan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'1" here. Every woman in my family is short and round. I am trying hard to break that mold!

Well... the round part, anyway. Being short isn't so bad.
  • fierythrill
    fierythrill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Short girl perk: I'm unstoppable at hide and seek.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    30 and 5'5". I refuse to accept that I'm no longer growing vertically. :laugh:
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    5'3" and its sooo annoying to try and find pants that don't seem to go a mile past my feet.
  • shanhen70
    shanhen70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I really could use some new friends.
  • catluvgal
    catluvgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'4" and a HALF! Biggest challenges are that average clothes are too long and petites are too short. That and my boobs get in the way of short me reaching practically anything!
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'2" and 5'3". I'm the shortest in my family AND extended family (excluding the babies). It feels weird that my 10yo cousin towers over me.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    5'2" here! I've lost 40 and now focusing on building some muscle