Healthy Low Carb

Options
There are some misconceptions. I tried super low carb, but it made me ill. Yes, I lost weight and quickly. Then I tried moderate low carb with healthy fats and it was pretty much perfect for me. I feel good and I am losing weight. I have a good bit to lose. It's easy too. Drop all bread, crackers and things like that. Eat moderate protein and pile on the veggies and healthy fats. Olive oil, real butter, coconut oil. Limit fruit to berries and things lower in sugar. Only eat when you are hungry and don't overeat. Although I eat things high in fat like bacon, well-marbled red meat, olive oil and butter, my calories in are usually pretty low. I am full and satisfied. Most days I am in dietetic ketosis. Which is to goal for many low carb prophets.

I will add that I've been successful dieting and reached my ideal weight 4 times in my adult life. I also failed because I gained all the weight back plus a little more each time.

I am no longer dieting. I think I found a way to eat for life that will get to my ideal weight and allow me to stay there without making big changes.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-low-carb-is-low-carb

All time high -277 pounds
CW - 235
GW- 160-170

Cheers,

FB

Replies

• kaye300
    kaye300 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am also following a ketogenic way of eating. I love that I no longer have cravings. The food doesn't control me any more, and I'm full when I leave the table.

I would get down right mean when on low cal- or low fat, and my energy level was all over the place.

Keto.... I can live with happily
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There are some misconceptions. I tried super low carb, but it made me ill. Yes, I lost weight and quickly. Then I tried moderate low carb with healthy fats and it was pretty much perfect for me. I feel good and I am losing weight. I have a good bit to lose. It's easy too. Drop all bread, crackers and things like that. Eat moderate protein and pile on the veggies and healthy fats. Olive oil, real butter, coconut oil. Limit fruit to berries and things lower in sugar. Only eat when you are hungry and don't overeat. Although I eat things high in fat like bacon, well-marbled red meat, olive oil and butter, my calories in are usually pretty low. I am full and satisfied. Most days I am in dietetic ketosis. Which is to goal for many low carb prophets.

I will add that I've been successful dieting and reached my ideal weight 4 times in my adult life. I also failed because I gained all the weight back plus a little more each time.

I am no longer dieting. I think I found a way to eat for life that will get to my ideal weight and allow me to stay there without making big changes.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-low-carb-is-low-carb

All time high -277 pounds
    Feb. 5, 2017 - 235
    CW - 217
    GW- 160-170

Weight loss seems to have slowed to 1 pound a week. But I'm fine with it.

Cheers,

FB