Coke Zero?

Options
Opinions?
I know it has alot of chemicals, but I really like the fact its no calories.

Replies

• mrobertson911
    mrobertson911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda with some air popped popcorn for snack. I like the fact that it meets my need for junk food with very minimal calories. As long as you're drinking enough water, I don't think it is a bad thing to have a diet soda.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It does have sodium, so keep your eye on that and do drink lots of water.
  • brittanybee07
    Options
    I agree, a little diet soda will not harm you! It definitely helps me get over "junk food" cravings! It is not suppose to be great for athletes but......... I dont always listen to EVERYTHING! =0
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I would try to stay away as best as you can - maybe have it for a "treat" once in awhile. try brewed tea instead.
  • jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love Pepsi Max, however, I was told to watch the artificial sweeteners. When you are trying to lose weight no "soda/pop" is good for you. Drink it as a treat, because lets face it, if we don't drink a little bit of something we like, we end up caving and over indulging. Moderation....that is my best advice for the day.
  • toristory
    toristory Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Coke Zero. Now I usually drink diet pop, but Coke Zero is still yummy. A great transition pop if you don't really like the taste of diet pop right now.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero and Diet Coke are essentially the same. I find it amusing when people talk about them as if they are completely different products. Same ingredients, same artificial sweetener (aspartame) and same sodium levels. The Diet Coke formula has slightly more caffeine, and Coke Zero ends up with slightly more potassium, but other than that, they are the same. Coke Zero is basically Diet Coke for people who have a stigma against drinking something with the word "Diet" in the name. :laugh:
  • Riebeckite
    Riebeckite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a dedicated Diet Coke drinker, I don't like Coke Zero because it tastes too much like regular Coke for me. On the other hand, that's why my other half drinks Coke Zero, because he prefers the taste over Diet Coke. So we buy the flats of both Coke Zero and Diet Coke when Costco has them so we each have our own preference available.

That being said, I've found that my skin and TOM issues are better since I've cut back to only 1 or 2 cans of Diet Coke a day instead of 3 (or 4 or 5) like I used to drink. I've correspondingly increased my water intake - I find that I *like* having a beverage handy when I'm sitting at my desk working during the day. It used to be Diet Coke, now it's water, and I reserve my Diet Coke for when I'm eating lunch.

My other half has lost over 35 pounds over the last couple of years, and I've lost about 13 pounds (give or take a fluctuating pound or two) since 1 April.
  • Chemmy
    Chemmy Posts: 23
    Options
    I personally don't like coke or soda. Give me a glass or water instead any day. I hardly touch alcohol much these days either.

From what I have heard about diet coke I would avoid as much as possible if trying to lose weight.