Surely?

Options
Surely I should be the skinniest mother f'er walking the planet!

I don't eat meat.... I don't drink coffee of fizzy drinks... I eat sooo much fruit and veg.... I run a whole lot.... Dance my socks of most weekends.... drink alcohol like once every 3 months... I don't abuse my body and I am one HAPPY PERSON!

I'm not particularly over weight but I could do with losing say 21lbs and toning up... but I would be super skinny at that weight!

I did have a awful binge yesterday though :/

Anyway why aren't I skinny or at least smaller than I am? My best friend drinks alcohol most days, drinks coffee and fizzy constantly, eats so much meat and sweets/chocolates and never fruit or veg... this isn't right surely? I have lost 10lbs in 2 months from really being strict but I just don't understand :/

Replies

• Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Simple answer, everyone is different and life isn't fair! lol Sorry, not trying to be flip with an answer because that is a question I have asked myself and others many times, but it's the only answer I can come up with. Everyone is built differently, given a different metabolism, a different body build that reacts to foods in different ways. And, some people live to eat and others eat to live. My husband can eat and eat, think about losing weight and it just seems to fall off him and I can't see him eating any differently at all and I have to really work at it to get any pounds off. Sorry can't give you a better answer. Maybe someone else can and I'll wait to hear their answer!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It's mostly about calories in vs. calories out. Have you started tracking? Maybe you are eating more than you think / burning less than you think. Or maybe you are not eating enough.

And really who wants to be "super skinny"? Isn't being healthy a better goal. You are healthier than her no matter who's skinnier right? That's a bigger victory.
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's mostly about calories in vs. calories out. Have you started tracking? Maybe you are eating more than you think / burning less than you think. Or maybe you are not eating enough.

And really who wants to be "super skinny"? Isn't being healthy a better goal. You are healthier than her no matter who's skinnier right? That's a bigger victory.

yeah i have been logging mostly! been on holiday so didn't for a while then had a horrific binge last night :/

of course i wanna be healthy but I don't believe when people say they don't wanna be skinny... i wanna be skinny and healthy and toned :)

I usually eat around 1200-1300 cals a day :)
  • DaniiWanii
    Options
    Simple answer, everyone is different and life isn't fair! lol Sorry, not trying to be flip with an answer because that is a question I have asked myself and others many times, but it's the only answer I can come up with. Everyone is built differently, given a different metabolism, a different body build that reacts to foods in different ways. And, some people live to eat and others eat to live. My husband can eat and eat, think about losing weight and it just seems to fall off him and I can't see him eating any differently at all and I have to really work at it to get any pounds off. Sorry can't give you a better answer. Maybe someone else can and I'll wait to hear their answer!

it's just sooooo annoying isn't it? :(
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump

I am in the exact same situation!

I have gone from 154 to 147 in about 3 months.. THAT 7LBS! I am the first to admit that I enjoy the odd treat once a week, but I am working out 5 times a week, and eating much less crap than I used to but Ive still only lost a tiny amount.

To top it all off, I weighed myself this morning and I was 148.. so technically I have lost 6lbs in 3 months ...

I should have lost at least 12 if I was losing at a steady pace and losing 1lb a week.

I know my ticker says I have lost 12lb, but I was 159 in October last year, so I have put that as my starting weight, even when I started seriously trying to lose weight at 154lbs

HELP!
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? You want to lose 21 more lbs so that would put you at around 112 lbs...maybe you are already skinny?
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Maybe your body is like "WHOMP! You looks good girl! Stay right here!". Haha. You really do look amazing dear. I understand your personal goals but you should feel AMAZINGGGGG as you are! You're healthy! That's the great part. :smile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

I don't eat meat.... I don't drink coffee of fizzy drinks... I eat sooo much fruit and veg.... I run a whole lot.... Dance my socks of most weekends.... drink alcohol like once every 3 months... I don't abuse my body and I am one HAPPY PERSON!

I'm not particularly over weight but I could do with losing say 21lbs and toning up... but I would be super skinny at that weight!

Anyway why aren't I skinny or at least smaller than I am? My best friend drinks alcohol most days, drinks coffee and fizzy constantly, eats so much meat and sweets/chocolates and never fruit or veg... this isn't right surely? I have lost 10lbs in 2 months from really being strict but I just don't understand :/

A couple of thoughts that may or may not apply to your situation:
    1.) Is 120 realistic for you? Is your goal "super skinny" or fit and healthy?
    2.) Are you getting protein from other sources since you don't eat meat?
    3.) Are you eating too many processed foods?
    4.) Are you drinking enough water?
    5.) What's your sodium looking like? (Goes along with processed foods...)
    6.) Do you have enough good fats in your diet?
    7.) Was your binge yesterday not at all the norm or is it something that's happening quite frequently?
  • DaniiWanii
    Options

1.) Is 120 realistic for you? Is your goal "super skinny" or fit and healthy?
    2.) Are you getting protein from other sources since you don't eat meat?
    3.) Are you eating too many processed foods?
    4.) Are you drinking enough water?
    6.) Do you have enough good fats in your diet?
    7.) Was your binge yesterday not at all the norm or is it something that's happening quite frequently?

1.) Is 120 realistic for you? Is your goal "super skinny" or fit and healthy? Well of course i want to be fit and healthy but skinny is a bonus... more of toned and fit will be good... by skinny i don't mean bones i just mean toned and little :) but healthy
    2.) Are you getting protein from other sources since you don't eat meat? don't think so am gonna start protein shakes :)
    3.) Are you eating too many processed foods? never eat processed fooda AT ALL
    4.) Are you drinking enough water? need to up my water defo :)
    6.) Do you have enough good fats in your diet? not sure am gonna start on the nuts :)
    7.) Was your binge yesterday not at all the norm or is it something that's happening quite frequently? doesn't happen usually at all

all very peculiar to me :L
  • DaniiWanii
    Options
    Maybe your body is like "WHOMP! You looks good girl! Stay right here!". Haha. You really do look amazing dear. I understand your personal goals but you should feel AMAZINGGGGG as you are! You're healthy! That's the great part. :smile:

Thank you! :)