Sports Bras

Options
Hey everybody.... so I'm not a small girl up top I am a 44 dd/ddd and am having a hard time finding someplace with a good sports bra. Any suggestions on stores where you guys might get yours?

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You can go with a name brand or just buy a generic one & wear your regular bra under it. It keep sthe girls in place. Good luck!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Bump...I hate wearing my 'nice bras' and getting them all sweat filled....
  • KaitKaz
    KaitKaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Under Armour is the best I've found so far. Go with the style with the chris-cross back ( can't remember the name) not the front zip up style. It should be available at most sporting goods stores. :)
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    I have an Enell (sp?) bra and I LOVE IT!!! I'm a 34G so I know how it is with the craziness up top. This thing keeps them in place and I can actually JUMP! Its awesome. Now my only problem is the rest of me bouncing about....
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Danskin, Best one I've ever owned, they have real cup support.
  • jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Double UP!!!! A girlfriend of mine just let me in on this secret the other day.... and I love it. I am a D cup, and had problems finding a good supportive sports bra.... but when you double up, they work great, you could even triple with a bra for added support. And you can color coordinate and make them really cute LOL.
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    where i live in Canada, we have a plus sized womens clothing store that sells bras and underwear. the store is called additionelle/penningtons/MXM (three chains of the same store. they carry 3 or 4 different designs of sports bras.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell (sp?) bra and I LOVE IT!!! I'm a 34G so I know how it is with the craziness up top. This thing keeps them in place and I can actually JUMP! Its awesome. Now my only problem is the rest of me bouncing about....

Yes! Enell is the best! It is the only sports bra I will wear.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Double UP!!!! A girlfriend of mine just let me in on this secret the other day.... and I love it. I am a D cup, and had problems finding a good supportive sports bra.... but when you double up, they work great

Totally agree, so far it's the only thing that's kept the girls in place. :wink:
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Any store that will do a proper fitting will also carry Sports Bras. the bonus- they don't make you look like a unicorn gone wrong.

My top three brands are Enell, Anita, Freya

Expensive, but they last as long as you don't machine wash them.
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Enell Sports Bras are the best.. no movement at all! I bought mine at www.sportsbras.ca It is located in Calgary, and they have tons of options. Sizing is weird though, it is 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, ect... make sure you do your measurements and you wont have a problem.
    I first head about them on Oprah, and bought one then, wow that was probably in 2003ish! I had in the past used the ones from Addition Elle, and they are pretty good, but you still bounce a bit.
    Enell are used on a lot of the weightloss shows as well... google them :)

I do agree if you are planning on getting another type, double up, or wear a very, very tight tank on top of them!
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yeah that can be a pain! I tried on a whole bunch one day at a Big 5 sports store because I was tired of the sisters bouncing around, and I found a New Balance one that I LOVE!!!!!! It's more like a regular bra in that it has underwire and hooks, but it's part of cami/tank with adjustable straps that stick with super strong velcro so you get so much support! It was a little pricey, but seriously, it was worth it! Here's a link: http://www.shopnewbalance.com/detail.asp?type=WMAPSB&style=WBT8301#pgtop
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    First, I'm in the same boat as you: 42 DDD. I wear a racer back sports bra (no wires, that hurts) and I top it off with a Flexee cami. It has a built in sports bra PLUS the cami tank acts as a girdle, so not only are the girls in place, but so is everything else. I'm doing the Insanity workout now and there's no way I could complete 5 minutes of the routine without both. Good luck!
  • salmoninthebeak
    Options
    Moving Comfort has some good ones!!! I got mine at Title Nine, and I am sure they are available online.
    I actually started out with their 38DD underwire and I loved it!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I highly highly highly (too many?) suggest investing in Shock Absorber running sports bras. They have odd sizes (I'm a 30 DD) and work like MAGIC.