what gets your workout fired up?

Options
What music do you like to listen to to pep you up to workout/during working out? When you aren't feeling up to it-play it. I'm 91% certain you will want to throw down once you do.
It's worth a shot anyway.
If that's not working-those movies that get you fired up-buy them..watch them..
and one thing I also do-I will play some of my fave routines while I'm in my recliner. Usually I end up joining in.
Just some tips for anyone feeling blah or hung up.
Stay Strong Folks!
Ladies that tend to relax first and don't really "gear up" into workout clothes-make sure you keep the bra on because you may skip a workout entirely (if not just skimping the important jumping jacks) if you have already taken it off 8/
Now do your workout, eat right and drink your effing water!

Replies

• RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The song Top of the World by Imagine Dragons tends to do the trick for me. I don't think much of the music video but the song itself works wonders.
  • brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Beyonce & Pink & 21 Pilots & Eminem
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I guess this will heavily depend on the person. I love watching youtube music clips though. Especially during heavy stationary cycling cardio sessions. They vary from boxing highlights with added music, to reggaeton, then to stuff like these:
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Lots of dubstep.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    I guess this will heavily depend on the person. I love watching youtube music clips though. Especially during heavy stationary cycling cardio sessions. They vary from boxing highlights with added music, to reggaeton, then to stuff like these:

Sabaton fan!
    qf1nf6tw0dzw.gif

I don't listen to music while working out. I'm usually watching a workout video/dvd.
  • boppety
    boppety Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The song Top of the World by Imagine Dragons tends to do the trick for me. I don't think much of the music video but the song itself works wonders.

I must check it out I'm not sure I've hear it!
  • boppety
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    Lots of dubstep.

YAASSS!!! 8D
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    pre-workout, a rice krispie treat, eminem/rage/kendrick lamar
  • boppety
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »

Holy Cow i watched a bit and thought where has this been all my life!!? I want to get a heavy bag and boxing gloves and tear out to this!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm old. Classic rock for me.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    boppety wrote: »

Holy Cow i watched a bit and thought where has this been all my life!!? I want to get a heavy bag and boxing gloves and tear out to this!

tumblr_mb28y0Y0gw1r6sc7so1_500.gif
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What gets me fired up is thinking about politics in our country and my co-workers. Whatever makes you sweat...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Doing something I couldn't do a year ago!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Sometimes music helps get me in the groove during a warm up, but I tend to get charged up by my performance data and being in touch with how my body feels going through the workout. I have different playlists for different tempos, but I have to admit that when I am in the last 5-8 minutes going for a goal or esp for a new PR, I don't even notice the music, no matter how it's blasting in my headphones. On those days, I couldn't even tell you what the last 3-4 songs were.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Destiny's Child Survivor.
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The ultimate BEST music genre for working out would have to be some good edm such as hardstyle, tech/electro house, dubsteb, and especially drum & bass. It will really get ur energy kickin! That is the really hardcore stuff and it works wonders. I highly recommend it!
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Drowning Pool -- "let the bodies hit the floor"
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nightcore & Dubstep
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options