Halfway in and losing steam.

Options
Moonlitriver17
Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
Have lost 55 lbs. Am 54 from first big goal. Have stagnated since Christmas really. Haven't gained, but have been slacking.
Any words of motivation? Tried to post a face pic, but am tech challenged.
Winter is hard for me.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, you know you can do it. Why do you want to be motivated? That answer IS your motivation. Then you need to set your plan and follow it, whether you "feel motivated" on any given day. I just do what I planned you do. I don't think about whether I feel motivated.
  • cake91
    cake91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss. And also well done for not gaining over xmas.

What motivates me is thinking back. Thinking to how good i felt after a workout/swim/walk. And looking back to how i used to be and not wanting to be there again. Also think forward to where i will be.

I also find motivation hard in winter. Try looking for lovely healthy winter meals to cook or do some exercises at home. I hope this helps. :)

Good luck and i hope you motivation comes back soon xxx
  • colubridlady
    colubridlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to tell you other than to keep thinking about your final goal and why you want to get there. I've lost motivation and backslid a few times and each time was because I forgot about (or ignored) the reasons why I wanted to lose that weight. I think (at least for me) that if I don't constantly have that reminder staring me in the face then I just eat what I want and pay the price. Or I get overly confident that I know what I'm doing and how to eat healthy and I stop logging and end up eating too much.

You've lost an amazing amount already. You can do it. I don't know how fast you want to lose it, but if you just try to lose 1-1.5 pounds a week, you could be at or near your goal by the end of the year. There's 47 weeks left this year and that's not that far off from your goal.
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lorrpb, you are so correct! Gotta just do what I gotta do, no matter how I feel about it.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I would think making it to the half-way point would be great motivation. You've already done an outstanding job. Don't quit now.
  • yobeme
    yobeme Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Have you tried joining one of the challenges? Perhaps one of the monthly ones. A month doesn't seem too long and could give you a short term goal. Once you start seeing progress again, you might get motivated again.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    "it a slow process don't make it slower by quitting"

Just gotta stick to it figure out how your messing up and revamp. Some days/weeks/months will be challenging. Sure you feel better now then you did with 55lbs just imagine how much better you'll feel with the 54lbs off you. Look at it like this you haven't really taken any steps backwards so you might aswell move forward. BTW good job on your loss so far!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    5 pounds is awesome...
    54 more would be epic.

Be epic!

You didn't gain over the holidays - I wonder how many would trade places with you to be able to say that.

I have some awesome recipes that are low cal, filling, and delicious. Message me if you want them.