Hello.. I am almost 49, married and overweight. I am ready to lose it.

Options
LosinW8AintEZ
LosinW8AintEZ Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I will make this brief. New to this sorta.. and I have finally decided that I need to lose weight. My kids have left the nest and have their own lives and I want to enjoy the rest of my life with my wife of 25+ years. We plan on doing a lot of camping and it is far too easy to fall off the dieting wagon when it comes to camp food.

So I have come here, not only to put myself on notice that its time to lose that 60+ pounds but to also ask for guidance and support from a proven family and friend site... MFP.

Please feel free to send a friend request. I look forward to meeting and talking with all of you.

Thank you everyone.
Kurt

Replies

• Ayrk
    Ayrk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    33 year old father of two here and I plan to do camping again this summer as well. I'll hit you up!
  • blackbearseatbeets
    Options
    Hey Kurt,
    Best of luck on your journey. I can always use a push too. Add me if like.
  • wendecam
    wendecam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi~ This is my third round of being on this app and each time, I was successful. That being said, I tend to go back to unhealthy eating habits & put the weight back on. But today I saw my doctor and was told that I need to loose weight as I am at risk for atherosclerosis - which my father passed away from at the age of 54 - which is what I will turn in May. So, this time, I am going to look for a buddy to help me stay on track and help someone else if I can.
    I am hoping to loose 25 - 30 pounds. I bought a fitbit so I can track my journey. Look forward to any and all encouragement!