Best workout bottoms to hide minor flaws?

Options
Hi Everyone! I lost 10 lb recently over the past three months and am happy with my progress. I haven't bought capri workout pants in a long time and tried on a very popular brand. They showed every cellulite dimple and made my butt look bigger than it it, IMO. If I'm gonna pay 85 bucks for capris, they better transform my posterior to a curvy masterpiece. I've had luck with Lululemon and Athleta and City Sports, though CS closed in my city last year. Any of you care to share your fave brands that make you feel good, look good, and are simply all-around comfortable for gym workouts?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I refuse to spend that kind of money on leggings/tights/pants until I'm close to or at goal. My current brands I wear and love are Under Armour (from their outlet store), Old Navy, and Target leggings. The most any of those cost were $40.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I use danskinnow (Walmart) or old Navy. Old navy seems to be better quality. Watch for sales and clearance
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret leggings give me the best shape - especially for my bottom. Old Navy works pretty well, too.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I love my Danskin capri leggings from Walmart. I also bought a pair of Zella from ebay and I like them, as well. I wanted to try them without paying the $50+ at Nordy's for new ones.

If you're looking for something that works for both workout and daywear, try the Athleta bettona leggings/jeggings. They have pockets and are very flattering. I wear them all the time instead of jeans and they're much more comfortable.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am a leggings *kitten*. I have leggings from pretty much every brand/store. My top picks are old navy compression, then athleta, then zella, then lululemon, then nike, then gaiam, then target... I could go on and on. I like my leggings to hug me but not suffocate me, be thick enough to bend over and not give a show, NOT SLIDE DOWN (I hate having to adjust my pants), and make my booty look round. All without giving me any lumps or bumps like muffin top or weird creases anywhere.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Go to Goodwill and buy capris of various brands new or great condition for $5-10. Why pay $85?
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    The C9 at Target has pairs that are compression like and higher band on the waist so you don't show any crack.
    I try not to look at my butt. I just work out and run in whatever I want.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My favourite are made by Alo, I'm wearing them in this pic:

wlx5863gae5m.jpg

They're pretty thick. I also have a few pairs from Adidas that I'm happy with.

I always size up with leggings, they're more flattering, and less likely to lose opacity when doing squats etc. I wear a S bottom normally, but I almost always like to wear M leggings.

I have so many pairs of leggings it's embarrassing! I'm just sad Athleta won't ship to the UK. They look great. I'm fussy though, they must stay totally opaque, they must look great, stay up without adjusting, have an iPod pocket, and not be too thin or too thick.

EU readers, don't buy from Under The Same Sun, they're based in Sweden. I bought a pair of leggings in their sale, and I have never ever seen anything go so sheer when I put them on, from ankle to waist!! The background of the print went from black to almost beige! I said I wanted to send them back, and they said, no returns on sale items, which is against EU distance selling regulations. I'm pretty disgusted. They're being promoted everywhere as a really great high end athletic wear brand. I expected sooooo much more.
  • marrrisa
    marrrisa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of leggings from Gymshark. They're around $40-50. But they are high waisted and great quality. Very thick, have pockets, and because of the high waist, they suck in any tummy rolls, and make your bum look more shapely.

Also black/very dark colors recommended for hiding flaws.
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Most of mine are Old Navy. I just got a new pair this weekend and I LOVE THEM!!! Cropped, high waist compression and they DON'T fall down while doing cardio - which is the ultimate test!
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    marrrisa wrote: »
    I just got a pair of leggings from Gymshark. They're around $40-50. But they are high waisted and great quality. Very thick, have pockets, and because of the high waist, they suck in any tummy rolls, and make your bum look more shapely.

Oh dear......... falls down the new rabbit hole......
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    VS leggings are the best workout pants I have ever had
  • MarmiteToes
    MarmiteToes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a workout clothes junkie so I consider myself to be an expert on this one subject! I have the same flaws you do so I scrutinize all of my pants and crops to make sure they're flattering on me, not just on the model. Old Navy has some surprisingly good ones, but I have returned a few purchases since they weren't up to snuff. Surprising amount of compression on some low-price crops and leggings, though. I just got both of these and think they're great, plus they frequently have sales and/or coupons so there's no need to pay full price:
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031033&vid=1&pid=428194002
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031035&vid=1&pid=507592002

Lululemon is and always will be my favorite, but since you're familiar with the brand you already know how great they are. That's my go-to when I want my butt to look fabulous! I've heard great things about Zella (available at Nordstrom) but haven't tried them myself. I just got a pair of the knockout tights from Victoria's Secret and love them. Also had success with the CALIA line sold at Dick's.

I have yet to find a pair of C9 crops or pants from Target that isn't so thin that it shows off my flaws. Some of the Danskin stuff at WalMart is cute and OK-ish in terms of hiding cellulite, but it doesn't hold up very well. The one pair I bought and kept has major pilling and has stretched out over the past year.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    trudie_b wrote: »
    marrrisa wrote: »

Oh dear......... falls down the new rabbit hole......

My lol of the day! Thanks!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I get TekGear from Kohls or C9 from Target.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Dtina's Boutique is my new favorite and I may never buy another pair from anywhere else. Great fabric, fabulous designs and they have the "scrunch" booty for a beautiful rear view. https://www.dtinasboutique.com/
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Danskin from Walmart...$13 and come in capri and bootcut pant length.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I get my gear at Giant Tiger (ACX yoga pant).$12 for a medium-weight straight leg pant that fits perfectly and you can't see through. I cut them mid-thigh to make shorts, save the legs for another project. For what I do (yoga and elliptical), they're the most comfortable, functional, and I like how I look in them. SUPER WIN!!
  • Soyviz
    Soyviz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great suggestions! I have some shopping to do, and hopefully can find a few bottoms that fit right for $50 rather than $85.
  • mostable
    mostable Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I sewed my own for weight lifting class at the Y. It's very easy and inexpensive. Anybody else sew? :)