Handsome man in a 400lb body

Options
Well it's my second and last go at finding that buff handsome healthy man again. Do or Die time Health went down weight went up with his friend depression well these two are getting kicked out for good. 6' 2". 475 55 yr old. Will lose 100lbs or more by July Need new friends so give a holler

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck. There are only 20 weeks between now and July, so losing 100 lbs in that time may not be realistic for you. But remember that ANY progress downward is still progress. While I was losing, I had to remind myself that I didn't gain all that weight in just a few months, so it isn't realistic to expect to lose it all in a few months. :flowerforyou:

What are you doing for weight-loss?
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I second adjusting down your July goal.
    Maybe target 2 lbs/wk and be delighted with anything above that.
  • DasViolator69
    DasViolator69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trying to do the same thing I'm sitting at 401 6'1 trying to lose 150 not by July though my biggest challenge is that I am a over the road truck driver but doing my best to stick to it.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm another 400lb'er .... well i was :)
    Started on 1/1/17 at 408 and now as of last saturday 396.... so 16 in 5 weeks.... i wouldn't expect to lose much more and i'm definitely creating a significant deficit at the moment (averaging 1800cals/day) but at present doing no exercise (knee problem). But still an average of 3lbs / week is doable .... so a target of 40-60 would be a realistic goal!

I wouldn't expect to lose much more than this without major changes in activity too.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    @biscuit49
    Man 150 pounds before July, be careful with that. You plan on doing this naturally or you having medical procedure? Either way I am here to support you, but please be careful loosing that much that quick, usually ends up coming right back. Let me know how the journey is coming along
  • lisajeaninewinett
    Options
    I encourage you to watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It is a movie by an Aussie named Joe who did a juice diet and lost 100lbs in 2 months. Not saying that you should go this route, but cutting to fruits and veggies can be a great way to go. You should definitely consult your doctor and keep your blood pressure and heart checked out through your weight loss.

For excersise for all people with injury or mobility issues, I suggest chair work outs with light weights. And even just standing up and sitting down or taking a short walk up the block is a great way to get motion in your day. Chair yoga is good too...

I look forward to your progress!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    All the best but 100lbs by NEXT July might be more achievable...
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Any progress is good progress! Don't let slow progress be something that strips away your motivation!
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It is a movie by an Aussie named Joe who did a juice diet and lost 100lbs in 2 months. Not saying that you should go this route

Please don't go this route. You're likely to be hungry all the time, and lose muscle along with the fat.

I'd urge you to consider a low-carb, high-fat diet to maintain muscle mass and meet your weight-loss goals, especially if your health is suffering. Completely drop grains, added sugar, and (for now) starchy vegetables such as potatoes and corn. Eat meat, fish, fowl, eggs, cheese, vegetables (particularly green ones), nuts, seeds, a little fruit--in other words, whole, natural foods.

The best of luck to you.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with everyone else. Putting a goal of 100 lb by July is unrealistic and probably unhealthy. I was in the high 300's, and am gradually working my way down (31 lbs since Dec 1, 2016). Aim for 2 lbs per week. It's realistic, doable and maintainable.
  • gregoryjspen
    gregoryjspen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Also a 400 pounder. I have recently lost 20 after a reboot January 1st. Not stopping this time. I am thankful for anything thing I lose. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Please stick to a 2 lb per week loss rate. 100 lbs in a year is doable, but not in less than 6 months. Not without causing serious harm.

I know that the thought of increased chance of gallstones is enough to keep me from losing too quick.

Please read here.

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/dieting_gallstones/Pages/dieting-and-gallstones.aspx#f
  • biscuit49
    biscuit49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm. Under team of doctors care General Practioner Cardiologst Pulmonoligist and Dietician. I've made a lifestyle change not diet to eat three well balanced meals and one snack per day with equal fats carbs and. Protein Having a balanced amount of fast and slow carbs equalizes blood sugar levels. Being sedentary now because of breathing difficulty from pneumonia required calories per day was 1200 to 1300. I bumped it up to 1600 goal. When I am able to exercise I'll increase to 2000 cal per day. I'm running an average of 7 lbs / week which is not too much or too fast Other comments like oh way to fast go slow etc are unwanted each person are completely different and under different circumstances of their health So STOP. The criticism about my health regimen. You are not me you don't know my circumstances !!!!! Keep your two cents save them up and by yourself a chocolate covered krisp Keene donut. All criticism toward me will be blocked. I wish good luck on everyone's weight loss. Why don't people give s helping hand like what did you do today oh your lunch sounded terrific those of you that criticize can enjoy your donut without me you will be blocked !!!!!
  • zippie2223
    zippie2223 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Request sent