now or never

Options
tannicandoit
tannicandoit Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Tania, 49yrs old living in Brisbane Australia. I'm a mum of a 22 yr old son and 18 yr old daughter who live with me. No one knows the mess I'm in more than me, I live it everyday. This is my last chance to do this on my own and get it right. I'm not here to be judged, but support,encouragement and ideas are most welcome. I'm 5ft 7in and weigh 185kilos which is about 408 pounds, and the road ahead is very overwhelming and seems endless,, but I'm just going to take every day step by step and not look so far ahead. I have set my first goal at 120kilos(264 pounds), but my personal short term goal is to try and lose 10 kilos (22 pounds) a month, but I wont be disappointed if its less as long as its a loss. I have a few health issues, umbilical hernia caused from surgery having my gallbladder removed as it weakened the tissue, I have Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) which is a long-term type of arthritis. It most commonly affects the bones and joints at the base of the spine where it connects with the pelvis, as well as other areas, and I have osteoarthritis in my left knee which is in need of restructure now, so my exercise is very limited. I am also boarder lining diabetes .. I took it upon my self a year ago to avoid any prescription drugs of any kind unless I absolutely have to.. so I'm on zero drugs, not even a headache pill, no pain relief for the joints back and pelvis either,, I have been just learning to listen to my body and do what I have to do on my average days and take it easy on my worst. Well I think that about sums me up..I'm still trying to work out this fitnesspal lol, so bare with me.

Thanks for reading
Tanni

Replies

• Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hello

How do you add someone?
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! You have taken the first step ant that is awesome! You do have much to lose but I have faith in you!!! Having smaller goals is a great way to keep focused. They seem so. I just more within reach while you are looking in than the whole goal loss you have.

I too suffer from back and knee issues. I have recently joined the YMCA and have found that the best exercise for me is water aerobics. The water helps so much with my joints! However I'm a big baby when it comes to pain so I can't give up my meds!

I'm sending you a friend request and look forward to sharing in your journey.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thoin wrote: »
    Hello

How do you add someone?

Click on the persons name a page will open the click their name again and then you will see an icon on the right click it and then it will send friend request
  • Madsouljah
    Madsouljah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. keep up the good work! im in Canada and hoping you have a great day. Inch by inch ...day by day. :)
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'll support you in this! You can do it!
  • tannicandoit
    edited February 2017
    Options
    thankyou everyone for your support, I look forward to giving myself a better quality of life , and yes I'm nervous but I'm positive ,,,, its only my second day, so far so good...I am on the 5.2 diet ( thats 2 days a week only allowed 0-500 cal and still need to be aware of my calories the other 5 days which is 1200, shall be fun lol
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'd love to be friends. I've lost 87 pounds in the last year. I love the system I'm using. And would love to follow your journey!!!
  • lewlewinpa
    lewlewinpa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am going to give weight loss another try. Looking for motivation from anyone and happy to motivate in return!
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Wow 500 cal's a day, keep your head up and make sure you set goals that are attainable, then set new ones after that. Fell free to add me to your motivational crew
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tania. You can do this and you will feel so much better for it. Be patient don't set to higher goals, take a day at a time but keep at it. Log everything so you know where you can adjust. Buy a digital food scale it's a must, don't use cups or spoons to measure food it doesn't work. I am routing for you, any questions drop a message. Good luck
  • gregfrompenn
    gregfrompenn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The 5:2 diet will probably work but can you stick with it? Maybe the 8 hour diet plus counting calories might be a better choice. Of course my advice isn't the best as I have not been too successful at weight loss but I'm still trying!
  • tannicandoit
    edited February 2017
    Options
    the 5.2 diet isn't so bad ,, it used to be nothing to eat at all till they worked out it had the same effect if you had anything up to 500 cal, I don't have to eat 500 cal it could be 100cal if I choose...can get a fair wack of food for 500cal if u choose right, today was a breeze, I just had breakfast and dinner so I had 220 g of baked beans and 1 slice of 9 grain bread with cream cheese instead of butter for breakfast, and for dinner I had a small ham, cream cheese and cucumber wrap, and an apple for snack,, now I did however go over by 12 cal,, but its my first attempt at 500cal so I will forgive myself and move on lol. and I have had about 3 half litres of water . and remember its only 2 days out of 7 that I have anything up to 500cal, the rest is normal 1200 cal
  • danbjaram
    danbjaram Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanni!

Greetings from Texas! Thank you for sharing!! I believe a big part of a weight loss journey is sharing your situation, feelings and goals. I'm glad this app has a built-in community!

I wanted to share a tip with you that may help you as much as it has helped me.

There are handful of documentaries available on Netflix about nutrition and weight loss. Learning about the human body and the fuel it needs has been my biggest motivation so far. I've cut out so many bad things from my diet based on what I've learned and I don't even miss them because learning the truth about your food will kill any desire to eat bad food again!

I started my journey at 280 lbs. I've been eating 1500-1700 calories a day with minor changes in activity and losing a lb a day.

Hope this tip helps you!!

Recommendations: Cowspiracy, Forks over Knives, Fed Up, Fat Sick and nearly Dead (1&2)
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

You got this! :)