Hello everyone!!

Options
Hello everyone. I joined myfitnesspal over a year ago and I followed the program losing almost 50 pounds within 3 months. My diet was interrupted because of an injury to my foot and back. The excruciating pain had caused me to become a couch potato. After intense physical therapy and chiropractic care, I am feeling much better and mobile again. I knew that I had put weight back on, but I was completely shocked when I weighed in at 303 lbs today. I gained almost 60 pounds and I am very disappointed with myself. I am embarrassed about my looks, and self-conscious about not fitting into my 38 waist jeans or my other clothes. Its hard to stay poised when dieting but hopefully you kind people will keep me inspired with your wonderful success stories and advice. I started my journey today by walking one mile, but I had to stop because of the discomfort. I pushed myself to return home but I did not get into my couch routine and sit all day. I continued to do my back exercises and the pain somewhat diminished. I am making my diet plan now and will try a 1200 cal plan for 30 days to see if I can lose some of this water weight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Peace,
Dean

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    1200 is too low. With the name Dean, I'm assuming you are a man.
  • chief3202
    chief3202 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a man. lol I was kinda shocked that 1900 calories was recommended by myfitnesspal. I felt that number was too high What about 1500 calorie? Thoughts?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Eat the 1900 calories. That is not too much at all. Slow and steady weight loss is what you want.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you eating 1900 plus 50% to 75% of your exercise calories ...wishing you the best :smile:
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i tried to eat 1200 when i started. after 3 weeks i was feeling tired and lethargic. i had to raise it so i could do daily tasks. i burn between 2000-2600 calories a day (depending on my activity), so i would go with what MFP tells you to do.