Questions for my calorie counters out there

Options
So trying to slim down in body fat while keeping as much muscle as possible.
My TDEE calculations are anywhere from 2400-3000 cal a day.
I've taken this down to 2000 to aid in the weight loss.
My question is this...
Yesterday after dinner I was only at 1700 cal give or take a few. But my macros were all on point. Is it critical that I consume to my full 2000? Or can I close out the night short of it?
I kinda got worried and over ate just to reach my 2000. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how your macros can be "on point" if you are under you calorie goal. If your TDEE is nearly 3000 then you shouldn't really drop below 2000 (1000 calorie deficit).
  • jordanchamzuk
    jordanchamzuk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how your macros can be "on point" if you are under you calorie goal. If your TDEE is nearly 3000 then you shouldn't really drop below 2000 (1000 calorie deficit).

Hmmm maybe I'm just all wrong on this fitness thing :(
  • jordanchamzuk
    jordanchamzuk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Had another look. Turns out my protein is over and carbs and fat is under. But I was told macros are not as big as a deal as cal in vs out.
  • CanadianRockies
    CanadianRockies Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Had another look. Turns out my protein is over and carbs and fat is under. But I was told macros are not as big as a deal as cal in vs out.

If you want to keep as much muscle as possible while losing weight, then you'll want to be sure to eat enough protein (and do resistance training). But, yes, CICO is key to losing weight.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    My priority is always calorie goal first and foremost. After that, get in your protein with ~3-4 doses throughout the day to maximize muscle protein synthesis. After that, fill in carbs and fats to hit your calorie goal.