Lifestyle Change

Options
I know to really make a difference with your weight loss journey, you must make a lifestyle change and forget about 'dieting'. But to me, those words "lifestyle change" is kind of scary to me. It's an obvious name because you do have to change your lifestyle, but it's a little much for me to think about sometimes. I guess sometimes it makes me feel like I can't be me anymore, which is kind of silly really. So to get to my point...

Can you think of another name to call it that seems less daunting?

Replies

• bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My daughter (8 years old) and I sometimes say we're "changing our bad habits." :)
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You call it whatever you need to call it so you can make a difference in your life.
  • Chemmy
    Chemmy Posts: 23
    Options
    How about lifestyle correction or direction change?
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We are changing our bad eating habits! Sounds good to me.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Making yourself happier.
    I can say that this change made me so much happier person... its just amazing!
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Making yourself happier.
    I can say that this change made me so much happier person... its just amazing!

I like that.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    What you call something really doesn't change what it is but I get where you're coming from. I think what helped me the most was taking baby steps towards my new lifestyle. In January, I started walking more. In February, I gave up all but one Diet Coke a day and drink water the rest of the time. Many days, I don't have even that one Diet Coke. In March, I decided it was time to change my eating habits and found MFP. In April, I started C25K. In May, I decided to stick with running intervals and added riding my stationary bike on the odd days. Next, I'm going to start adding in strength training.

By changing one thing at a time, and making that one thing stick, I am slowly changing my lifestyle. To do it all at once would have been scarier, and probably set me up for failure. If you want a label for it, I'd call it "Baby Steps to a New Me."
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Gosh I know how you feel! I don't like changing things that taste so yummy! I am having to go back and forth on this until I find success completely!
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    What you call something really doesn't change what it is but I get where you're coming from. I think what helped me the most was taking baby steps towards my new lifestyle. In January, I started walking more. In February, I gave up all but one Diet Coke a day and drink water the rest of the time. Many days, I don't have even that one Diet Coke. In March, I decided it was time to change my eating habits and found MFP. In April, I started C25K. In May, I decided to stick with running intervals and added riding my stationary bike on the odd days. Next, I'm going to start adding in strength training.

By changing one thing at a time, and making that one thing stick, I am slowly changing my lifestyle. To do it all at once would have been scarier, and probably set me up for failure. If you want a label for it, I'd call it "Baby Steps to a New Me."

Thanks. You are exactly right. I think I overthink it all and think it's all or nothing. But baby steps are good. I really like how you add in something different every month. And I like "Baby Steps to the new Me."

I'm also just tired to hearing the phrase "lifestyle change." It's nice to hear something new.