Why????

Options
I am realizing that junk food / food which does not have much nutritional value satisfies me more than healthy food.
For example : I feel much better when I eat just a packet of Doritos for Lunch than when I eat a chicken wrap. In fact , if I eat the chicken wrap , I end up eating more until dinner , while if I eat the doritos , I dont get hungry until dinner.
This does not make sense as a chicken wrap has more calories and more nutritional value than a packet of Doritos.
Anyone knows why?

Replies

• FitBody3
    FitBody3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    when you eat the chicken wrap, Is it then doritoes you reach for to eat more? might be a mental thing you just want doritoes and snacks

Sort of , yeah. Like for example : I am happy and satisfied with eating 2 slices of pizza but I go to bed starving if I eat a chicken salad or something else considered 'healthy'.
  • FitBody3
    Options
    You can play around and see what fills you more carbs, fat, protein. Don't look at it as junk food and healthy food simply look at it as carbs, fats, and protein. Find what works for you.

Yes , thats what I was doing , but I started body recomp now so I have to make healthier and wiser choices and eat more protein.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    FitBody3 wrote: »
    when you eat the chicken wrap, Is it then doritoes you reach for to eat more? might be a mental thing you just want doritoes and snacks

Sort of , yeah. Like for example : I am happy and satisfied with eating 2 slices of pizza but I go to bed starving if I eat a chicken salad or something else considered 'healthy'.

definatly sounds like a mental thing. Although a chicken wrap is DELICIOUS so not sure why you wouldnt be satisfied with that :p are you cooking your "healthy food" in a way you enjoy? the sauces and seasonings that make it delicious cant be skipped. No way. I prefer making room for the delicious XD No need to eat healthy food although id suggest you atleast mix healthy and unhealthy dont live off doritoes please
  • FitBody3
    Options

definatly sounds like a mental thing. Although a chicken wrap is DELICIOUS so not sure why you wouldnt be satisfied with that :p are you cooking your "healthy food" in a way you enjoy? the sauces and seasonings that make it delicious cant be skipped. No way. I prefer making room for the delicious XD No need to eat healthy food although id suggest you atleast mix healthy and unhealthy dont live off doritoes please

Haha yeah I know it is ! I just gave you a typical example :) I guess what I mean is that I would rather snack on some packets during the day than have lunch
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options
    im snacky to. I changed my diet to consist of 2 tuna potato meals instead of three full meals so i can snack more and worry about food less. Nothing wrong with it if it fits your calories and theres preferably atleast a decent amount of your macros in there. just play around some people like 1 meal and many snacks...some all snack sized meals...just again dont try to live off doritoes lol. Although that sounds wonderful for a day i miss chips.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you weigh your food accurately and practice portion control carefully, you can include Doritos in your eating plan. It's not something I'd blindly recommend to everyone, but you say that you get satisfied with Doritos and want to lose weight, so make it work for you. Damn. I. Want. Doritos.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Sounds mental to me :wink: It could be your body just wants some fat. If It Fits Your Macros it's all good.
  • FitBody3
    Options
    im snacky to. I changed my diet to consist of 2 tuna potato meals instead of three full meals so i can snack more and worry about food less. Nothing wrong with it if it fits your calories and theres preferably atleast a decent amount of your macros in there. just play around some people like 1 meal and many snacks...some all snack sized meals...just again dont try to live off doritoes lol. Although that sounds wonderful for a day i miss chips.

Got it ! Thank you so much for your help :)
  • FitBody3
    Options
    If you weigh your food accurately and practice portion control carefully, you can include Doritos in your eating plan. It's not something I'd blindly recommend to everyone, but you say that you get satisfied with Doritos and want to lose weight, so make it work for you. Damn. I. Want. Doritos.

I am currently trying to do a body recomp , thats why I am not sure whether it could work.
  • FitBody3
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Sounds mental to me :wink: It could be your body just wants some fat. If It Fits Your Macros it's all good.

Thank you :) !
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    hey a question for you now, Can you share your doritoes ;)? Made me crave them bad oh my lord.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    hey a question for you now, Can you share your doritoes ;)? Made me crave them bad oh my lord.

I have a bag in my cabinet right now not even opened yet. Until after kids go to bed then it's time for Doritos and cottage cheese.
  • FitBody3
    Options

Sure ! Everyone deserves some doritoes :smiley: !
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options

Sure ! Everyone deserves some doritoes :smiley: !

My hero :D

I have a bag in my cabinet right now not even opened yet. Until after kids go to bed then it's time for Doritos and cottage cheese.

Id say im jealous but their sharing ;) omnomnom
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Try quest bars
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but I wanted to tell you that I am the same way! If I eat bad all day I'm so satisfied, eat healthy and when I go to bed I am suddenly ravenous. I think it's mental? But could it also be that your body processes the healthy food faster and the junk food slower? Idk just thinking out loud here.

Following for ideas