Graze boxes

Options
Anyone use Graze box and are they any good for a health snack / protein top up ?

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The portion size is small, some of the items are good some are not. I think they are a good young child size snack. I don't think it's worth the calories for a small handful of a snack.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    The portion size is small, some of the items are good some are not. I think they are a good young child size snack. I don't think it's worth the calories for a small handful of a snack.

That part. I also do not like the fact that I cannot control what snacks I get. I don't want a 200+ calorie snack. Some of them are good, but some are not. It is a crap shoot on what you get. Plus I guess because it is supposed to be so natural, many of the items have a short shelf life.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

That part. I also do not like the fact that I cannot control what snacks I get. I don't want a 200+ calorie snack. Some of them are good, but some are not. It is a crap shoot on what you get. Plus I guess because it is supposed to be so natural, many of the items have a short shelf life.

I had to throw away several of the snacks because I couldn't even eat the small portion in the pack. They do have a trial so OP could try it but you are right you might like one item or all of them you never know and some of them have a lot of sugar for the portion.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up to anyone who is thinking of buying a graze box and has severe food allergies-they do NOT make an effort to prevent cross contamination. I ordered it once, and never again. I made sure I was very clear about my allergies and what could have (wheat,barleyoat or red dye #40). We opened the box and there were pretzels in it. I called them and freaked out on them. Their answer "wel just have the other items in the box that you can eat, it's not tha big of a deal"....!uh. No. That is a huge deal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather go and buy ingredients I like and make my own little snack packs - Graze leaves too much to chance, both in foods I like and calorie counts. And they're too spendy to waste.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anyone who is thinking of buying a graze box and has severe food allergies-they do NOT make an effort to prevent cross contamination. I ordered it once, and never again. I made sure I was very clear about my allergies and what could have (wheat,barleyoat or red dye #40). We opened the box and there were pretzels in it. I called them and freaked out on them. Their answer "wel just have the other items in the box that you can eat, it's not tha big of a deal"....!uh. No. That is a huge deal.

This was why we canceled. My husband has food allergies (apples, cinnamon, and cranberries among other things) and we had a box with items that he was allergic to. I tried to make it abundantly clear when signing up that we didn't want items with those ingredients.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I get them once a fortnight. I just like getting presents in the post! They're not too spendy for me as I've had them for ages so I get them at the old price. But they're not economical or sensible or anything, they're just a daft treat I enjoy. Some of the punnets are low calorie, others quite high, generally they're around 100-200 calories.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have never bought graze boxes but made my own for a while for work. I actually found it worse for me because the snacks wouldn't survive past day 1 :lol: now I keep a basket of high protein snacks that I like in the kitchen and grab one or two for my lunch box.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I kept a subscription going for 4-5 months. I liked the surprise element of it and enjoyed quite a bit of what I got. It was easy to just add that small snack to my rotation of food. It also helped me not over eat out of a larger bag. I can tell myself to only have one serving of snacks and even preportion the large bag out, but I always seem to talk myself out eating just one serving(I'm looking at you Chocolate Covered Almonds!)

I did find that all I really loved was the chocolate based ones (shocking!) but according to the website they don't deliver those in the summer months. Understandable as no one wants these all melty, but I wasn't interested in many of the savory treats. So, I cancelled in the spring and forgot to pick it up again this winter. I probably won't bother though...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    They're very tasty once you figure out what you like! But I had the cheap rate, now it's too expensive for what you get...

Also everything is 10-30% heavier than what the label says.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Rogstar wrote: »
    I did find that all I really loved was the chocolate based ones (shocking!) but according to the website they don't deliver those in the summer months.

No such restriction in the UK. Like there'd be any need for it... :/

I like the chocolate ones and a lot of the savoury ones too. I only go for the ones with tasty coatings, chocolate drops, mini cookies or similar fripperies, not the ones that are just a little box of raisins and raw nuts and stuff. That really does set off my "why am I paying you for this?" alarm.

The popcorn is probably my favourite.
  • KTRCZ
    KTRCZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think that's a no then !

I don't think I'll bother. I'll make my own snack treats.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, they sell individual packs in Boots with the lunch things.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few times, it was neat that you got to try out things you wouldn't buy yourself (because some of those things you can't go to walgreens and pick up, or at least not in snack size so you don't have a bag of something you end up hating. It was interesting, but like @elphie754 I can't have soy, told them so, still got stuff with soy in it, so I ended up one month having to give out half the items to friends.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Seriously, the best popcorn I have ever had. The black pepper one is ridiculous.

As far as the subscription, it wasn't worth the $8 a week to me. Found a few yummy things - when the snickerdoodle pretzles pop up for $1 a box I buy them - but we cancelled after 3 boxes.

Edited because quoting was wonk.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Some stores around here sell a limited selection. I do get them occasionally but they are pricey buying them that way. Couple have been great if not time to prepare anything however are a bit heavy calorie wise for me to use regular (hence not bothering with subscription).
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I subscribed back when the boxes were $6 for 4 snacks. I've heard they've raised the price since then. I thought the flapjack boxes were incredibly delicious, as were the popcorn pieces and chocolate items, but was mostly unimpressed with the rest. Several times I received what were basically croutons. The flapjacks I had to eat sparingly, though, as they were usually 200-250 calories each. I decided it wasn't worth the money since I didn't eat a lot of the snacks I was getting.
    I did Naturebox for awhile, too. Wasn't hugely impressed with it, either, but I liked picking my own treats out at least.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    People seriously get their snacks delivered to their house?

I can't even with the absurdity of that. :/

Why not:

-go to a bulk store

-buy a whole bunch of different snack things (as much or as little as you want)

-put them in snack size plastic bags (and weigh them while you're at it)

-donate the $$ difference to the food bank.

eCommerce is all the money. :wink: