Does anyone else?

Options
Hey there, Does anyone else aim to eat their main meal middayish then eat lighter later on at night? I have found that i feel less guilty if i eat the crap food that i crave every now and then early on in the day, as then i know i will burn it off as the day goes on.
Has anyone had good success eating their main meal midday?

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    When my fiancé isn't at work, we eat the main meal at lunch and then something light when we get hungry again, the reason being that during the day we're active so burning it and at night we're sat on the sofa watching tv so the foods sat there, but when he's at work we do it the other way around and he takes a salad to work and we eat heavy in the evening.
  • butturfly2021
    Options
    i try to eat most of my calories in the morning...it makes me not as hungry the rest of the day...i eat breakfast and then 2 snacks between 8a and 12a and then i eat lunch around 1 or 2...by the time supper gets here i dont eat much because i am still full..
  • gibsons
    gibsons Posts: 24
    Options
    I very much prefer to eat that way - I frequently find myself eating with colleagues for lunch (restaurant meals are always tough for me) and they are frequently not healthy meals. My hubby and I also like to make our "big" meal lunch on the weekends - more time to let the food settle and we avoid the crowds when we go out. I also just really like cereal for supper!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    im the opposite. :smile: I eat less during the day, and leave a good chunk of calories for night-time meals and snacking!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Its actually a perfectly common and good way to take in your calories. Its done in many countries that do not have as high of an obesity rate as the US. My lunch is typically my biggest meal, but Im also not a big breakfast person
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    im the opposite. :smile: I eat less during the day, and leave a good chunk of calories for night-time meals and snacking!

me too, nothing worse then going to bed hungry :(
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I typically have lunch be my biggest meal, and dinner as the smallest. It is easier for me. If I eat a lot during the day, it keeps cravings at bay at night. Also it's a mental thing for me. If I go to bed after eating a lighter meal I FEEL lighter when I wake up than if I eat a heavy dinner before bed.