110 lbs. to lose and don't know where to start...

suebaker14
suebaker14 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
B

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Start where you are. That's what I did 54 weeks ago when I figured I needed to lose 112 lb. So far, I've lost 92.

I have discovered along the way that by being open to learning new ways of preparing food I can find stress relief in the food prep. This is especially so with my homemade pizza which lets me toss dough around the kitchen.
  • icunurse43235
    icunurse43235 Posts: 3 Member
    My goal is to lose 60-80 lbs. I plan to break it up into 10 lbs goals. That way I am just focusing on a small goal to make it less overwhelming. Lose the first 10, congratulate yourself with a new pair of earrings or a book or something affordable but unique to you and then focus on the next 10 lb. Now that all being said...i literally just started so we shall see if this plan works. Lol
  • beachlover470
    beachlover470 Posts: 3 Member
    One day at a time. Change one thing a week.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Don't get me wrong, it's hard! But you can do it. Once you get started and start seeing small results, it will be internal motivation to keep going!

I also agree to break it into smaller goals. The 10 pound increments one is a good one, and here's how I broke my goals up to give you some ideas!
    -lose 10 pounds by Jan 1 (done)
    -lose 10 pounds by valentines (almost done)
    -be able to run a 5k by March 15
    -lose 10 pounds by April 1
    -run my first 5k race non stop by April 9
    -lose 10 pounds by May 15
    -run another 5k and have a better avg pace than the April race by June 1

Not saying you have to do anything with running, but your goals could be increasing your ability on something you do love in addition to decreasing weight.

Have fun with it, eat awesome, tasty, healthy meals, and love yourself every step of the way!
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    One day at a time. Set small goals for yourself and reward yourself for reaching those goals (i.e. New clothes, mani/pedi)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Start with small changes so you don't get overwhelmed. Weigh and measure everything you eat and walk as much as you are able. Good luck!