lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    80% vegetables 20% meat of some kind.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    catz789 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I have a nutrition question/tip for you: What is on your plate?
    I try to aim for:
    one half of plate: Vegetables
    one quarter of plate: Meat or alternate protein source
    one quarter of plate: whole grains

My plate would be similar, although I have been known to eat bags of fresh spinach as a snack x
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I eat my lunch and dinner out of a mixing bowl. A whole bag of lettuce, whole cucumber, whole tomato, 4oz of lean meat, 100 of mushroom and hot sauce. All weighed. A plate can't fit what I need in my stomach.

Doesn't literally have to be a plate. The proportions or ratios are what's important.

My proportions look nothing like that, is what I'm saying.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It varies.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    2/3 unprocessed meat and 1/3 low carb veges (zucchini, mushroom, cauli, broccoli)
  • sybillabryson
    sybillabryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant and always craving fruit...so lately my plate...or bowl rather has been like 50% fruit, 40% low fat dairy and 10% walnuts, cashews or peanut butter. Breakfast is always lots of eggs though.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    It varies.

Yep this. A typical day is no eating in the morning followed by my largest meal of the day between 11am -noon and that's usually 3 servings of frozen veggies, 1 serving of rice or pasta, 4-8 ounces of chicken and then a sauce; along with a serving of some sort of chips. And then a lighter evening meal usually of 3 servings of oats with a serving of fruit mixed in. And then I eat out several times a week, usually on the weekends, and those meals vary quite a bit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    2/3 unprocessed meat and 1/3 low carb veges (zucchini, mushroom, cauli, broccoli)

Raw meat? :s