Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Try quest bars

Do they come in dorito flavors?

Great question
  • jbcisney
    jbcisney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    when I started this journey I had to fix a salad using a half a head of lettuce, a cup of cherry tomatoes sliced, and a half a cucumber if that doesn't fill you up I don't know what will. Eventually the cravings for the Doritos subsided
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    jbcisney wrote: »
    when I started this journey I had to fix a salad using a half a head of lettuce, a cup of cherry tomatoes sliced, and a half a cucumber if that doesn't fill you up I don't know what will. Eventually the cravings for the Doritos subsided

Theres zero chance that would fill me up XD
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Try quest bars

I didn't realize you meant that Doritos were literally the only thing that would work. Chocolate chip cookie dough isn't a thing?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    FitBody3 wrote: »
    I am realizing that junk food / food which does not have much nutritional value satisfies me more than healthy food.
    For example : I feel much better when I eat just a packet of Doritos for Lunch than when I eat a chicken wrap. In fact , if I eat the chicken wrap , I end up eating more until dinner , while if I eat the doritos , I dont get hungry until dinner.
    This does not make sense as a chicken wrap has more calories and more nutritional value than a packet of Doritos.
    Anyone knows why?

If you have a chicken wrap + doritos together what happens? Why does it have to be only one?

I don't know what is in your chicken wrap but it could be less tasty, less fat, maybe you drink more if you eat the chips, maybe you resent eating "healthy" and feel like you are missing out with the wrap. Maybe you like crunchy foods.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    when you eat the chicken wrap, Is it then doritoes you reach for to eat more? might be a mental thing you just want doritoes and snacks

Sort of , yeah. Like for example : I am happy and satisfied with eating 2 slices of pizza but I go to bed starving if I eat a chicken salad or something else considered 'healthy'.

It's basically because it's the fat that keeps you satiated, and the carbs that promote insulin production and make you hungry. If you ate a chicken salad with full fat dressing or mayo or cheese and left out the bread or wrap within a few days you'd find you wouldn't need to eat all the things anymore, you'd be satisfied and your hunger would be under control.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Try quest bars

I didn't realize you meant that Doritos were literally the only thing that would work. Chocolate chip cookie dough isn't a thing?

It is a thing, but if I have a taste for salty cheesy goodness, cookie dough anything isn't gonna hack it.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    why do i keep coming back to this thread i just got the craving for doritoes gone -.- LOL
    Try quest bars

It is a thing, but if I have a taste for salty cheesy goodness, cookie dough anything isn't gonna hack it.

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Try quest bars

If I want salty food, sweet food won't cut it. Vice versa is also true.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Why not forget the tortilla, have a chicken lettuce wrap and have the doritos as your carbs?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    why do i keep coming back to this thread i just got the craving for doritoes gone -.- LOL
    Try quest bars

Slightly masochistic around the edges maybe? :tongue:

But it's true for me too. If I want something salty, there's no way sweet will cut it.

I like the suggestion of lettuce wrap with doritos (well salt and vinegar crisps for me... :wink: ) I'll have to try that tomorrow!
  • FitBody3
    FitBody3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1 thing I want to clarify : I mentioned the chicken wrap and doritos as examples ! Food does not have to be particularly a packet of doritos or a wrap. Basically what I mean : I would rather snack on''junk food'' ( packets ) then eat a good ''healthy meal'' especially during the day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1 thing I want to clarify : I mentioned the chicken wrap and doritos as examples ! Food does not have to be particularly a packet of doritos or a wrap. Basically what I mean : I would rather snack on''junk food'' ( packets ) then eat a good ''healthy meal'' especially during the day.

I'm usually more satisfied (physically and mentally) with a dessert than a meal.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options

The principle still works. Eat both. If you want a carbsy treat, reduce carbs elsewhere. Just make sure you are still getting your protein, fruit and veg so your diet is balanced.
  • FitBody3
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

I'm usually more satisfied (physically and mentally) with a dessert than a meal.

I can soo relate to this! I'd rather eat a slice of cheesecake than a meal !
  • FitBody3
    Options

The principle still works. Eat both. If you want a carbsy treat, reduce carbs elsewhere. Just make sure you are still getting your protein, fruit and veg so your diet is balanced.

I cant eat both because then I'd go over my calories :p
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options

I cant eat both because then I'd go over my calories :p

That's why you take out the carbs from elsewhere. An individual pack of Doritos isn't that much different from a big tortilla or two slices of bread in calorie terms.

I mean, if you want me to recommend that you just eat Doritos all day, I'm not going to do it. But I do recommend that you fit them in if you love them that much.

As to the "why" of the post title - we're all different and what satisfies one person will not satisfy another.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am also in to the salty cheesy. I stocked up on Halloween size goldfish crackers this year. The mini portion is just enough to satisfy.