My story and journey to half my body weight

Options
Hi there my name is Craig and I'm 27 years old from Dorset in the UK. As a young lad I was very active and loved all sports, I participated in numerous events for my county (West Sussex at the time) including 100, 200, 400 meters. I was also a member of the Millwall F.C academy for a while.
All that came to an end in the summer of 2004 when I was knocked of my push bike by a car and suffered a horrendous knee injury, dislocating my knee and leg as well as tearing all the ligaments and tendons.
11 months later after being in a plaster cast from my ankle to my thigh I took my first unsupported steps and the saying (don't run before you can walk) struck, I decided to kick a football and ended up back on crutches for a further 8 months.
During these 19 months i spent my time sat on the couch watching tv, playing video games or sleeping which resulted in a huge weight gain of approximately 114lbs, I developed asthma and sleep apnoea which I still suffer with to this date.
For the next 10 years I tried numerous diets and programs to loose weight but never really had any success.
The beginning of 2017 saw some huge changes and I have found the determination to finally lose weight. To date I have lost 10lbs in 3 weeks but I only downloaded this app Monday so haven't been able to log that haha. I still have a further 196lbs to go so my journey begins. If you want to keep track/support me that would be great :) thanks for reading.

Replies

• arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stay on track, set some realistic goals, and you'll get there.
  • Woolley_Mammoth
    Woolley_Mammoth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stay on track, set some realistic goals, and you'll get there.

I will Thank you :)
  • suzyakapink
    suzyakapink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just remember slow and steady wins the race. Best of luck of your journey. Stay positive.
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Back trying to lose the weight I gained while injured also! Good luck to you we can do this
  • lnels634
    lnels634 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've lost 155 lbs. I've found that logging absolutely everything you put in your mouth is the key to success. Plan every meal and stick to your calorie goals. It's harder to cheat when you have to write it down.
  • mona3256
    mona3256 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Craig,

I also have a massive amount to lose - 272 lbs, but since September 2016 have lost just over 6 stone. This means I am about 50lbs from the half way mark.

I found week 6 to about 3 months the hardest. But once I hit 10%, I felt so much better in myself so 'sticking' to a diet seems less work now.

Good luck
  • Woolley_Mammoth
    Woolley_Mammoth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips and support :)